Gay Friendly?

CrusieBoi

I am going on the july 2006 crossing, our 1st crossing, we are both gay, and I have to say that we never gave this a thought, we are both early 50s and as yet have never flunted this antone, or worried weather it was accepted.

I think if you both look ok, dreess the part and dont go camping it up everywhere then almost everyone accepts it, no one wants 2 guys holding hands,kissing etc in frnt of them.

Id say book a druise and enjoy yourselves.

Just dont push it at everyone.

I am going on the july 2006 crossing, our 1st crossing, we are both gay, and I have to say that we never gave this a thought, we are both early 50s and as yet have never flunted this antone, or worried weather it was accepted.

I think if you both look ok, dreess the part and dont go camping it up everywhere then almost everyone accepts it, no one wants 2 guys holding hands,kissing etc in frnt of them.

Id say book a cruise and enjoy yourselves.

Just dont push it at everyone. the qm2 staff and other passengers are all out to enjoy themselves, but there is a diffenrence between acceptance and a "gay friendly ship"

as I said we are both gay, but we cant stand campness or the "gay" thing, we are just 2 run of the mill guys and have always been accepted as such

My wife and I were on the Apr 05 crossing. There were a number of gay couples on board. We saw them at the cocktail parties and saw the friends of dorothy meetings. There didn't seem to be any prejudice from other passengers.

Hope you enjoy your crossing.

Go and have fun and enjoy the whole experience. In regards to holding hands or dancing, I believe that you will have paid the same ticket prices as anyone else, so just do as you like. I think that everyone knows their limits of public displays of affection no matter what gender or preference you are. I also think that it's okay for you to ask a gay related question in the "non-gay" forum.

As far as transatlantic crossings, they hold frequent (daily?) FOD meetings.

(There is a reason why they call it the Commo-dorothy Club.)

While the line is very hospitable, you never know when you'll come across a fellow passenger who is an idiot.....no different than anywhere else....

Bon Voyage.......

Archived