Has anyone experienced the updated suite experience that was to roll out in January?

jenniebnyc

You were contacted by the concierge? Wow, nice! We're in a Celebrity Suite in less than two weeks and we haven't heard anything from them at all. Should we have?

We usually hear from them about a week out. So far, it doesn't look like much has change since before the upgrades, except for the bread with stuff on them, everything else is pretty standard for the last 3 years we've been in suites on X (except all but the last sailing in December which had the large "standard" stuff" had the Bulgari.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I was told that the Sky Suites, that usually get 2 specialty dining coupons, is now reduced to 1 (on a 10 night cruise). I did a dummy booking and it comes up still at 2 free specialty restaurants.

Does anyone know this for sure? We love Luminae so it really does not make that much of a difference to us. I was told they did this to make up for the Michael's Club addition. I called Celebrity and they told me they did not know anything about the change. I was told by someone that just came off the ship.

Happy Sailing.

The free speciality restaurants was supposed to stop for cruises booked a after 1 January 2016 for SS and CS.

Just off Reflection Sky Suite. Had full access to Luminae, Blu, Michael's Club and Island Oasis on Coco Cay. Priority tender during rush hours and reserved seats at theater. Daily teatime treats of our choice- sandwiches, cookies, cakes, tea.

Will do again soon! Bulgari toiletries.

Quite ironic considering your handle.;)

This is a picture of what we got in the afternoon in a Royal Suite on Dec 23 2015 on the Eclipse, the afternoon canapés, sandwiches and cakes changed daily

Everything was fresh and delicious:

DSC2492_zps0myavxj0.jpg

My gosh! That picture is fantastic! I would be thrilled to think I took it. You did a great job.

Quite ironic considering your handle.;)

"Insider" i.e. Someone with ..."special knowledge..." ;) Not to be confused with inside cabins! We actually had been loyal patrons of another line's suites and wanted to try a comparable experience. I was mainly concerned about closet space, smaller bath and balcony. I figured we'd get treated well pretty much anywhere! Cruises are always good!

Also, our afternoon tea and canapé selection was almost identical to photo, and I do like the plates used for cabin service.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at your previous posts I think you sailed on the Infinity in 6130

I am thinking of booking 6128 Has the cabin been updated to solstice class

furnishings. Would this be the cabin looking into yours. Any help you

could give me would be really appreciated as I have tried to find out about

this cabin before I make the final payment I have never had a suite before

so I am concerned Thank you so much in advance

Looking at your previous posts I think you sailed on the Infinity in 6130

I am thinking of booking 6128 Has the cabin been updated to solstice class

furnishings. Would this be the cabin looking into yours. Any help you

could give me would be really appreciated as I have tried to find out about

this cabin before I make the final payment I have never had a suite before

so I am concerned Thank you so much in advance

The furnishing in the Sky Suites have not changed much, if at all. Even the furnishings in the Royal Suites which go the biggest makeover don't match the RS on the S-Class. They're nice, but not as nice in my opinion.

Happy sailing,

Jenna