How long to the Fish Fry?

arkjeweler

How far is it in distance from the port to Fish Fry? We're an out of shape couple in our early 60s. We want to go to the Straw Market and pick up some souvenirs, then walk to Fish Fry, then to Junkanoo for about an hour. Are there chairs and umbrellas to rent at Junkanoo?

I have read that fish fry is approximately a 20 minute walk from the port. Read that it is better to take a cab or the #10 bus to get there and then walk to closer places from there. This is our plan on our cruise in a few days. But the straw market is about 5-10 mins from the port. Very short distance to the port. We did walk from here our last cruise. Junkanoo does have a small place that rents chairs and umbrellas for a very reasonable price. Not sure how many they have or if they run out fast as we haven't ever used this option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The order from the dock is the straw market is first , junkaroo is about 5 minutes past there. and fish fry is another 15 minutes . They are all in a straight line going past one to the other. The walk is on a level surface and should be easy to accomplish for most .

We are out of shape 50+ and we walked to fish fry . Level easy to walk along the beach but it is 15-20 min walk. Check out the menus as there are a lot of places to eat. We ate and I am sorry I don't recall the name but they had a small Shack attached to the front porch eating area where a gentleman was making conch salad to order

It was delicious the only suggestion whether you walk or take a taxi is do fish fry first then junkann then straw market why carry your trinkets around with you if you do not need to.

Love twin brothers. Grouper fingers are awesome as the grouper in a pouch dish. About a 20 min walk, but usually longer as folks look at the sights. We typically cab it on the way back. Maybe $20 if I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are looking at straw market first as we will not want to eat at 9:00 in the morning. My wife will stay in straw market quite a while. Then, according to what time it is we will do the beach or fish fry. Is there anything else to do in Nassau?