Question about debarkation times

bigslick1974

Hello. I have a quick question. We are on the Glory arriving in Miami on March 19, 2016. The itinerary says we are to arrive at 8:00 am. We have an international flight out of Fort Lauderdale at 12:35 pm. I am a fairly new cruiser - third cruise. We plan on keeping our luggage in the room and then just leaving the ship. We are not diamond or fttf. What time is the earliest we can get off the ship. We are trying to figure out our executive suv service to fall and I need to give them a time.

Thanks

If you are carrying all your own luggage with you off the ship, "self-assist debarkation", and there are no delays with the ship getting back, then you could be off the ship even before 8:00am. It's not unusual at all for self-assist debarkation to begin before 8am. On some of my cruises, it started before 7am. My last cruise started in San Juan but ended in Miami. We were in no hurry, so it's hard for me to remember exactly when debarkation started, but it was definitely before 8am. We had a scheduled shuttle to the Ft Lauderdale airport, and we got to the meeting spot quite early. If there are no delays for the ship, then you probably would have no problem with a 9:00 meeting time for your car service.

You'll have zero difficulty being to MIA and ready for a 12:30 flight. You won't need any priority or anything like that. My suggestion is definitely do the self-assist, we find this a lot easier and we're certainly capable of handling our own bags. Airport is only a few minutes from the cruise port. If you can check-in online before getting to the airport, that would make life even easier!

Pardon me, but Ft. Lauderdale Int. Is not minutes from the Miami cruiseport:confused:

True. The previous poster was just confused, thinking that the OP was leaving out of Miami, since the cruise was ending in Miami. I made that same mistake too, but then caught where the OP said they were flying out of Ft Lauderdale. Honest mistake. But Ft Lauderdale isn't much further. It's still minutes away, just more like 35-40. The OP will still have plenty of time to get there, as long as the ship is on time.

Hello. I have a quick question. We are on the Glory arriving in Miami on March 19, 2016. The itinerary says we are to arrive at 8:00 am. We have an international flight out of Fort Lauderdale at 12:35 pm. I am a fairly new cruiser - third cruise. We plan on keeping our luggage in the room and then just leaving the ship. We are not diamond or fttf. What time is the earliest we can get off the ship. We are trying to figure out our executive suv service to fall and I need to give them a time.

Thanks

Just off the Glory December 26. We had our transfer scheduled for 9 am. We did self disembark and was off the ship before 8:30 AM and had plenty of time to get to Fort Lauderdale for 11:45 AM flight

Self-debark or not, you can leave after they call your zone. Self-debark is called by deck, so you can leave anytime after your deck is called all the way up to being last off the ship if you care. The assisted debark is called by zone numbers. Once the last zone number is called, they USUALLY make another announcement that all zones have been called so that any stragglers know it's time to leave. YOU can be those stragglers!

We are porting out of Jacksonville, May 30th, on elation. Now my question: on self-debarkation, do you have to get off early, at stated time(if one), or can get off when you want, as long as it is reasonable? First cruise ever.

You can debark at your leisure. Last call is usually between 10:00 and 10:30.

When we sailed Magic out of Galveston, we had a 5:00 pm flight home to Boston. We went to the main dining room for breakfast at 7:00, leaving our luggage in the cabin. Since we had to vacate the cabin by 8:30, afterwards we took our carry-ons to Lido and enjoyed our last time in the warm sun. We had luggage tags #1. We still enjoyed ourselves until the cruise director announced at 10:30, "Will the last 118 of you please get off the ship." Even though we did have #1 tags, our bags were not the only ones in that section. Apparently lots of other Diamond and Platinum passengers waited until the last moment to debark.

We did the same when we sailed Pride out of Baltimore. But that time we used Self-Assist. Since our kids were picking us up at the port, we took our time, even though Self-Assist had been called long ago.

Have a great first cruise.

We just got back from sailing the Magic. The self assist is called by deck. Luckily we were on 12 which was 1st scheduled to be called at 8:15 AM.

However they started calling 11 & 12 at 7:45 AM. Lower decks were scheduled every 15 minutes. However nobody checked to see what deck we were on as we walked off. Biggest hassle I can see being on lower decks and leaving earlier is getting space on the elevator as the upper decks will be filling them up.

My brother went to the show room on deck three around 7:00 AM, experienced no crowds that early, and was just a few steps from the gangway when they called first off.

We were issued zone 6 luggage tags which were scheduled to debark at 10:15 AM which was the last call. We were taking family to the airport so we all got off as soon as deck 12 was called.