Galveston-Houston: what are my options for Summer 2016?

Beachiekeen

Hubby and I are contemplating a cruise this July. We sailed on the Carnival Magic last March and will be on RCL Liberty of the Seas in February. Are there any cruises out of Bayport anymore? It looks as if our only choices out of Galveston would be the Carnival Breeze (as we would not choose the Freedom over the Breeze) or Liberty again.

Also, the prices are so much higher--an interior room is costing the same as our balcony in February. Any tips on how to get the best price (or are we already too late)? I would love to cruise a different line out of Bayport if that is an option.

I guess another option might be a shorter cruise out of Florida--like a 4-night or something, to keep the costs down.

Edited by Beachiekeen

The Bayport Terminal will be closed, for maybe forever, this spring, unless the county can talk another cruise line into using the Port. IMO, not very likely.

As for Galveston, summer options are always very limited. Caribbean cruises really slow down in the summer at all ports. Ships are moved to Europe and Alaska for the summer months for money and to avoid the hurricane season.

Based on your comments, Florida cruises would likely be your main option. However, for me, Alaska would be my first choice for a summer cruise, or the South Pacific for a really expensive treat.

Oh ok, thanks for that info. That's too bad--I'm new to cruising and I loved that Texas had another option. Alaska would be wonderful but we have a fall land vacation planned so we were hoping for something a little cheaper.

Summer 2016 there will be 4 cruise ships in Galveston .

3 Carnival

1 RCL

Edited by ssb