Disney Magic out of NYC questions

fparker49

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help!

Cruising with family in 2016 on the Magic out of NYC. Kids will be 2 years 10 months and 20 months.

The signs on the water slide say "ages 4-11" with a height of at least 38 inches. If my son is not 4, but over 38 inches, can he ride?

Can someone please explain the transportation from Port Canaveral to WDW? Am I responsible for finding it?

Thanks again everyone!

Cruising with family in 2016 on the Magic out of NYC. Kids will be 2 years 10 months and 20 months.

The signs on the water slide say "ages 4-11" with a height of at least 38 inches. If my son is not 4, but over 38 inches, can he ride?

Can someone please explain the transportation from Port Canaveral to WDW? Am I responsible for finding it?

Thanks again everyone!

There are two criteria for the water slide: you must be at least 4 years old and not 12; and you must be at least 38" tall. It's not an either/or choice. So, no your son cannot ride if he's not yet 4, even if he's over 38" tall.

Transportation available through DCL to WDW resorts is via DCL transfers ($35.00 per person). Generally, the "should we do private transportation" line is around 3/4 persons. At that point it's generally cheaper to do private transportation.

But, with young kids, the DCL transfers are great because you don't have to wrangle your luggage, for the most part, and the buses show Disney videos during the trip to keep the little ones entertained.

Thanks again everyone!

If you are on the Magic cruise out of NYC that has a port stop of Port Canaveral, your transfers to and from the parks are included in your cruise fare. You have to sign up

for a bus time on board the Magic, and the return bus will run every 30 minutes and you will get that information on board the ship.

We are going to be on the Magic out of NY in October. I also have a question about the slide. My DD will be 12 when we go on this cruise. I know she is looking forward to going on the Twist & Spout slide. But the OP says the maximum age is 11. I decided that I would do a little research before I give DD the bad news. *Side Note: Last time we went on Magic she was 8 and was afraid to go on the Mickey slide. This time I think she will be okay with the slide but not the Aquadunk.

The only information I was able to find were posts from back in 2013 stating that they removed the maximum height requirement and I can't find anything about maximum age requirement. Has anyone been on the Magic recently that can tell me if there is a maximum height (or age) requirement?

We were on the Magic last week. There is no age limit on either slide as I am 44 and went on it and a number of people older than me went down it. There are minimum height requirements and weight limits. However the weight limits are around 280 lbs. Also both slides use very warm water so no fear of freezing on the way down.

Edited by makdex

Thanks again everyone!

Well this is what it says on the DCL website:

Twist ’n’ Spout

Bigger kids who want some excitement with their water play are in for screaming good time on AquaLab’s double-looping waterslide. Twist in one direction, then the other over a distance of nearly 250 feet! Please note: Guests riding the waterslide must be at least 38ʺ tall.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/aqualab-pool/

No mention of age requirements, only a minimum height.

ex techie

Transportation available through DCL to WDW resorts is via DCL transfers ($35.00 per person). Generally, the "should we do private transportation" line is around 3/4 persons. At that point it's generally cheaper to do private transportation.

But, with young kids, the DCL transfers are great because you don't have to wrangle your luggage, for the most part, and the buses show Disney videos during the trip to keep the little ones entertained.

They are not asking about transfers for a WDW stay, they are talking about the day at WDW that is included on the NY cruises. In the past, DCL has provided the bus transportation as an inclusion in the cruise fare, as were the park tickets. It is basically an excursion included in the cruise fare. If you choose not to visit WDW that day, there are no alternatives other than remaining on the ship or going on your own. No refunds for not going.

Again, this is what happened in past years. Consult the fine print on your booking to be sure this is the plan for YOUR cruise.

The original Mickey slide had both age and height requirements. The Twist and Spout has a height requirement only.

Edited by moki'smommy

They are not asking about transfers for a WDW stay' date=' they are talking about the day at WDW that is included on the NY cruises. In the past, DCL has provided the bus transportation as an inclusion in the cruise fare, as were the park tickets. It is basically an excursion included in the cruise fare. If you choose not to visit WDW that day, there are no alternatives other than remaining on the ship or going on your own. No refunds for not going.

Again, this is what happened in past years. Consult the fine print on your booking to be sure this is the plan for YOUR cruise.[/quote']

I did the Disney cruise out of New York in 2012. It is true that the admission into the parks was included. I used my room key (card) as my admission into the park.

However, it is not true that your choices for the day were to go to the parks, stay on the ship or find something on your own. Disney offered excursions/transportation elsewhere such as the space center, but you had to pay for those excursions (and you did forfeit the included admission to Disney World).

My mom and I chose to go to the Magic Kingdom, but my dad, brother, his wife and the kids all chose to go to the space center instead. My dad kept trying to talk my mom and I into joining them, but there was no way I was switching. My mom and I had a great time together just the two of us.