20 Day South America Whirlwind tour

Iluvcruising2

How about this view: jobs for dancers!

How about jobs with dignity where you don't have to wiggle your bare a$$ in the face of titilated tourists in order to feed your kids? And an education system that prepares you for that dignified job?

Edited by VidaNaPraia

How about jobs with dignity where you don't have to wiggle your bare a$$ in the face of titilated tourists in order to feed your kids? And an education system that prepares you for that dignified job?

Lighten up. One need not politicize a floor show in Rio or anywhere else in order to argue the meaning of life (or to demonstrate one's own political correctness). Hey, dude, it's entertainment. And I 'm sure most dancers and performers love what they do. If you don't, skip the show.

Likewise, if you want to discuss new Finance Minister Nelson Barbosa's promised economic reforms, there might be an appropriate blog on line, but this ain't the place.

Lighten up. One need not politicize a floor show in Rio or anywhere else in order to argue the meaning of life (or to demonstrate one's own political correctness). Hey, dude, it's entertainment. And I 'm sure most dancers and performers love what they do. If you don't, skip the show.

Likewise, if you want to discuss new Finance Minister Nelson Barbosa's promised economic reforms, there might be an appropriate blog on line, but this ain't the place.

Hey dude. Thanks for coming out of the woodwork to do what you do best. p.

The OP's question was whether it was "traditional". I did not "politicize" this parody, which is as you say simply a floor show, and as traditional as a surrealist nightmare.

The Brazilian poor do what they have to to survive, without much obvious complaint, but don't necessarily love what they have to do (as in the telling scene from the film O Pai O in which the Bahiana wecomes the tourists with a wide smile and sticks out her tongue as soon as they've passed). And hey, yeah, a floor show is probably a step up from dancing in Vila Mimosa or at the old Help club, also "entertainment". If you're a dancer from Rio, though, I suspect it might be a bit better to put your talents into being the next Irlan Silva at the Boston Ballet.

-----

Is the hijack over? Anyone else wanna weigh in on my political correctness? Or...

Now can we hear and see more of the OP's parents' trip photos?

Edited by VidaNaPraia