Pro and Cons for staying at the Turtle Bay Resort on Oahu Island

cachouonacruise

I would agree with the above.

I had always wanted to see the Turtle Bay Resort & maybe stay there for a full week, after seeing the movie (Sara Marshall). So we went there. About 2 years ago, taking a taxi from the cruise port in Honolulu (we were on a Princess cruise) . The taxi guy took us to the hotel & waited for us, as we toured the hotel & the different rooms. The staff was very nice & gave us keys to look @ the rooms. I felt the hotel was very very nice, up-scale, with a beautiful lobby (not @ all dirty), but there is not a lot of eating places, except for what is @ the hotel, & of course the shrimp trucks near by, which we did stop @ that day. (Yummy)

It is, of course pricey, but in Hawaii what isn't. If money was no object I would stay there in a minute, especially if you don't mind the drive to get there, but not for a whole week. It is not a place to stay if you want to see any other sites on Oahu, since it is so far from everything.

Grace

I agree, 3 or 4 days is just about right for a North Shore stay. Gives you plenty of time to see the beaches and sights both North Shore and on the Windward side, a short drive away, and we had no trouble filling our days with more than enough things to do. We never even made it into the PCC, although we drove past it several times.

As far as places to eat, there are many more than you would think, and way more than enough choices to fill 3 or 4 days of meals, but you might need to think outside the box a little. Trip Advisors restaurant guide is a great resource. Look under North Shore Oahu, or Haleiwa, or Kanoehe. Lei Lei's at Turtle Bay, which I mentioned earlier, is currently number 1.

Of course the shrimp trucks are a don't miss. I saw a listing for a grilled corn on the cob place near the shrimp trucks I was dying to try. It was seasoned so many ways and they all sounded delish, but unfortunately they were closed the day we stopped by. Another place we never made it to is Ray's Kiawe Broiler Chicken which gets really good reviews. It is just a grill set up in a parking lot. You can get all the sides too, including that fantastic slaw made the Hawaiian way with pineapple. There is Haleiwa Joe's Seafood Grill in Haleiwa. Burgers are an art form in this area. Check out the menu at Seven Brothers Burgers or one of several others. Or try a traditional Hawaiian plate lunch. Plenty of breakfast choices as well.