Poland Ave Cruise Terminal in NOLA??

wwcruisers

Anybody have any info on this? From what I can tell, this (Poland Ave) terminal isn't open yet. But, someone on my 2017 Mardi Gras r/c says that Equinox will be docked there. Looks like this pier will NOT be easy walking distance from the hub of Mardi Gras festivities. Don't see any easy access to public transportation from there, either. :confused:

The latest projection is that the Poland Avenue terminal will not be completed until late in 2017, so you should be OK.

The Port Authority is working on the plans for access roads and public transportation to the new terminal.

The latest projection is that the Poland Avenue terminal will not be completed until late in 2017, so you should be OK.

The Port Authority is working on the plans for access roads and public transportation to the new terminal.

Thank you for the information. Now, I'm wondering where they are going to put us -- since it looks like an NCL ship will be at the Julia St. dock, when we get there.:confused:

Normally, I'd be thrilled at the prospect of docking at a brand new cruise terminal. Last fall, we (Celebrity Infinity) over-nighted at San Francisco's new Pier 27 -- it was great!:cool: But, it's just down the street, and on the same public transit routes as San Francisco's older cruise terminal -- so, no worries there. But, the prospect of being docked at a brand-new terminal at Mardi Gras -- especially with no shuttles or transportation -- was a little un-nerving. :eek:

Update on our Equinox Mardi Gras Cruise. Someone on our r/c reached out to the NOLA Port Authority, re: Why their website shows us docked at Poland, nearly a year prior to its completion date. The plan apparently is to have our ship temporarily dock (no disembark) at Poland Street, until the Julia Street pier is vacated. Shouldn't be more than an hour or two, and we're hoping that they can at least send US Customs onboard, to clear the ship -- while we're cooling our heels. Sounds like getting into and out of a harbor in the Mississippi will pose its own set of challenges. Thanks for the information you provided guys! :)