Little French Key or Las Sirenas

poisonivynicole

Hi everyone! We will be cruising to Mahogany Bay for our first time this March and are very excited for this stop! From what I have seen this place has some beautiful beaches. So we want to spend the day on a beautiful beach with some drinks and food. All inclusive would be preferred but not required! I would love any suggestions or reviews. Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone! We will be cruising to Mahogany Bay for our first time this March and are very excited for this stop! From what I have seen this place has some beautiful beaches. So we want to spend the day on a beautiful beach with some drinks and food. All inclusive would be preferred but not required! I would love any suggestions or reviews. Thanks in advance!

La Sirenas is a condo accommodation with a pool on West Bay, the premiere beach on the island. There are several other resorts offering day passes but I don't know any anyplace is truly AI, I think one has to pay for drinks no matter where they are.

I have not been to French Key...perhaps they are proper AI. It is on the windward side of the island so the beach will may not be as nice.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We just spent 8 days in Roatan at Mayan Princess. Las Sirenas and Little French Key are VERY different.

Las Sirenas(Adjacent sister resort of Mayan Princess) is on West Bay. The water is crystal clear - gorgeous shades of blue. Snorkel gear rental at Mayan Princess $15+/-. If you snorkel - don't miss this opportunity. There is a fabulous reef 5 minutes down the beach. Beautiful coral with tons of fish just off shore. Walk to the Inifinity - look for the white "ball" bouys and follow them to the reef. We saw the largest parrot fish we've seen in 30 years of snorkeling, lobster, squid, barracuda, and lots of other fish and coral. The water is calm and there is a constant light breeze. Las Sirenas has a pool and the day pass also allows you to swim at Mayan Palms-nicer, larger pool. There are welcome snacks - nachos, fruit, etc, and then a buffet lunch and drinks included. Live music and beach chairs included. Email Mayan Princess to book directly. They provide transportation to and from the port. The ship excursion is more expensive and is a shorter time. We walked the entire West Bay and this is the nicest are of the beach in my opinion.

Little French Key is BEAUTIFUL. It is on the windward side of the island and thus very windy. The water tends to be choppy. There is some interesting snorkeling, but you will contend with waves. We did the VIP package that guaranteed that we spend time in the water and get photos with the Jaguars. This was incredible - once in a lifetime. The jaguars do have all teeth and claws. We did get minor scratches. There are lots of animals to see. We stopped next door at Daniels(MUST do) before going to LFK and played with the monkeys and held sloths - Super awesome! There is not an all inclusive food option. Food was ok. 6 drinks are included in the VIP. Other options are available as well. A short horseback ride in the ocean is fun. A massage is included in the package well. Kayaks and paddle boards are also included in the VIP package.

Both places are awesome!!! My opnion: If you want to relax on a fabulous beach with incredible snorkeling - choose Las Sirenas. If you want to play with monkeys, hold a sloth, swim and get photos with a jaguar - choose LFK. Very difficult choice! Budget could make the decision easier. Las Sirenas all inclusive even with snorkel gear will be around $100. LFK with VIP package and tipping is $200+.