Ship models

wrf2e

Does DCL have ship models available for purchase in the onboard shops? I have collected several ship models from our CCL cruises and would like to add the Wonder when we go at the end of the month.

6D721B95-F23B-4529-83C3-8FD65ADC2F95_zpsdjhoijjy.jpg

Disney does have the models for sale, and just like everything else on Disney Cruise Line I found the detail and quality superior to other lines.

The first pic is the normal model sold in the gift shop. The second model is much more detailed and even lights up. I purchased it at the Art Gallery onboard. I'm not sure if they are still selling it because that was a few years ago.

23986295820_693e5d4dcd_c.jpg

24255747926_4940c05114_c.jpg

Disney does have the models for sale, and just like everything else on Disney Cruise Line I found the detail and quality superior to other lines.

24255747926_4940c05114_c.jpg

This one is fantastic!

No offence, but the one sold in the shop looks a bit squished and more like a cake :eek:

But the one that lights up is wonderful!

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

No offence, but the one sold in the shop looks a bit squished and more like a cake

ex techie

True, but it's still nicer than the resin ones sold on other cruise lines. Some lines don't even bother to make the model of the correct ship. Just just slap the name on the side of a one platform fits all. I just most people don't notice but I sure do.

The other cruise line with wonderful models is MSC. Theirs are actually metal on a wood frame, they are true to the ship, and they actually sell the entire fleet in the gift shop, not just the ship you are on.

13548310134_4d126e7a1d_c.jpg

True, but it's still nicer than the resin ones sold on other cruise lines. Some lines don't even bother to make the model of the correct ship. Just just slap the name on the side of a one platform fits all. I just most people don't notice but I sure do.

The other cruise line with wonderful models is MSC. Theirs are actually metal on a wood frame, they are true to the ship, and they actually sell the entire fleet in the gift shop, not just the ship you are on.

13548310134_4d126e7a1d_c.jpg

They are truly beautiful models!

I do love how your Dream model lights up though!

ex techie

They are truly beautiful models!

I do love how your Dream model lights up though!

ex techie

Yup the DREAM is my favorite. She is the only one that lights up. I think it's appropriate since she is the only cruise ship I've ever sailed that has underwater flood lights like a yacht has. I thought that was so cool, and just another little Disney detail you can't find anywhere else.

I wonder how many others notice the flood lights? I'm a stickler for detail so those are just the sort of things I take notice of, and Disney has so many!

7458199738_6c81c03673_c.jpg

Yup the DREAM is my favorite. She is the only one that lights up. I think it's appropriate since she is the only cruise ship I've ever sailed that has underwater flood lights like a yacht has. I thought that was so cool, and just another little Disney detail you can't find anywhere else.

I wonder how many others notice the flood lights? I'm a stickler for detail so those are just the sort of things I take notice of, and Disney has so many!

If they are still working, I would guess many Guests see them, enjoy them, but do not know the significance, or appreciate it as much as seasoned cruisers do ;)

ex techie

If they are still working, I would guess many Guests see them, enjoy them, but do not know the significance, or appreciate it as much as seasoned cruisers do ;)

ex techie

I'm sure they are still working and I'll find out for certain next month. They may not always be on. There is no significance. Just a cool feature that no other cruise ships have.

I'm sure they are still working and I'll find out for certain next month. They may not always be on. There is no significance. Just a cool feature that no other cruise ships have.

The significance IMO would be for a luxury feel whilst on the Promenade Deck at night, enjoying watching the seas go by. Whether that is appreciated by everyone aboard, I doubt it. But is it a very nice touch. And adds a touch of class.

If you are on the Prom Deck at night, I hope they are on.

And you *could* mention it in polite conversation to others if the situation occurs how this is something you only usually see on luxury yachts.

ex techie