Newbie Questions.

mikechass

I'm not a newb to cruising... just to Carnival.. ha

I had a few questions.

Laundry, can I do it on the ship if needed (we are doing a b2b)

Itinerary, if a port is tendered will it show on the listings? On RCCL you can see right away what is tendered.

FTTF, the VPV I have said it isn't available (sold out) for a cruise 25-03-17. Does that make sense or should that be something I ask more about? Seems strange that it would be sold out already.

I only wanted it for the first week, since we are not needing to leave for more then a half hour on the second week so they can get their zero count...

Lastly, for entertainment. We have early and then late dining (one week 6pm second week 8pm) Since its a b2b I figured this would give us a chance to see some shows on the first week. Its likely we would have the same shows the second week I assume??

Thanks in Advance for the answers. I am very appreciative of your time.

Chass.

Hi,

Just to make things easier to understand your cruise in the USA is 3-25-17

For cruises in 2017 it is doubtful that any of the excursions are listed yet. FTTF is listed with the excursions in the home port so just keep looking for it.

You should be able to see tender ports listed on the itinerary for your sailing.

Yes, there are laundry rooms available.

You should be able to see shows no matter which dinner seating you have. I'd expect the shows to be the same although if there is a comedy theater on board the comics may be different.

I've found that Carnival isn't that forthcoming with what ports are tender ports. Just to make sure, I did a search for cruises that go to Grand Cayman to see if it says anything on the itinerary about being a tender port, and it didn't. Fortunately, there are very few tender ports that Carnival goes to in the Caribbean--Grand Cayman and Belize are the only two that are coming to mind right now--there may be a couple others as well.

Carnival does have self-service laundry rooms. On some ships, they take quarters. On others, you can use your sail & sign card.

FTTF probably hasn't been offered on your sailing yet...but be aware that there is a very limited amount of these offered, and you will want to keep checking very regularly to see when it is so that you can buy this.

There are two shows each night, so regardless of your dining time, you should be able to see the show. At least by doing a B2B, you will have ample opportunity to see the shows as well as see the comedians on board. I don't know if they will have the same comedians for both weeks.

HMC, Grand Caymen, and Belize are the tender ports in the Caribbean.

If you miss out on the first posting of FTTF, Carnival will then begin to post more randomly based on the amount of diamond and platinums that book cabins. This process will continue until a couple of days prior to your sail date. Keep checking. As for dining time, we go to the 815pm seating and make the second show with no problem. If you like comedy, you will miss the early G rated show.Washing cloths could take up some time. There are only a couple of washers and dryers, and some people use two at a time, which causes a delay.