Camp Carnival Family Welcome Aboard Party

MaiTaiMary

We have. It's the first night night (when Camp Carnival is closed) so we are always looking for something to do as a family. It is a dance party in the nightclub usually. We won "ship on a stick" last year for the family dance contest.[emoji3]

It's the first night at the nightclub. They play current, kid appropriate music. There are dance contests and usually a balloon game. We've had them serve refreshments (cookies and water or lemonade) at a couple of them. It's usually pretty short, maybe a half-hour or so. My son loves it and looks forward to it each time and then talks about it after we get home.

• 1 month later...

We were disappointed that they didn't have the party on our recent Sunshine Cruise. It's usually attended by the younger age children. Always thought it was a good ice breaker for the children and parents to get familiar with the staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know about the Breeze but we sail her in June. DO know they did it on the Magic last year and it really helped my daughter get into the whole camp idea! She LOVED having me out there making a fool of myself dancing with her. She said "Mom, don't embarrass me! I have to see these people for a week!" SO...I tried harder! LOL! A few games and such a short amount of time to make her that happy was fun!

Anyone know if they do this on the Breeze?

We were on the Breeze December 2014 and they had it then. My kids and nieces/nephews all loved it. Their ages at that time were between 4-13. Us adults enjoyed the party as well. We danced with the kids, met the staff, really nice atmosphere for the kiddos.

• 4 weeks later...
We have. It's the first night night (when Camp Carnival is closed) so we are always looking for something to do as a family. It is a dance party in the nightclub usually. We won "ship on a stick" last year for the family dance contest.[emoji3]

We just got back from 8nights on the Breeze and was disappointed to see they did not offer it. [emoji22]

They had it on Conquest back in August. My daughter (10) enjoys it. I think as she gets older, she may move away from it, but it is a good way to meet some other kids right away. Last cruise, she met her "BCF" (best cruise friend) and they were inseparable the rest of the trip.

I would say it is geared for all ages. I don't remember if they had it on the Sunshine.

• 2 months later...