Couple of items noted from recent Marina cruise

Lane412000

The one time there was a really fun welcome back to the ship from the crew was the day in Livorno when over 800 people took excursions to Florence - after all those hours on a bus, they were greated by the crew with song and refreshments and watching it all from our balcony was lots of fun. We had decided to skip the excursions as we were spending several days in Florence after the cruise, so we had Livorno and the ship practically to ourselves - we loved it!!:)

Just came back from our 6th cruise on the Marina (to South America) - I had some physical personal issues that influenced my enjoyment of the cruise (couldn't do the excursions), but I still love the Marina, the staff, the food and can't wait to go again! And the doctor and nurse were beyond wonderful - they were my angels.

Happy New Year and happy and safe travels to all!!

I am surprised you have not had the chance to be greeted by the staff when returning back from excursions. On our previous Oceania cruises, this always happened in one port per cruise. It is always neat as the staff forms a double line that you walk through on your way back to the cruise terminal or to the ship itself. On the previous experiences there was music playing and everyone was in a festive mood. You were given a hot or cold towel to freshen up and also a juice or some other drink (non alcohol). The crew members are giving you high five or fist pumps as you go through the double line. It is even more enjoyable to stand on the cabin balcony and watch other passenger's faces as they get off the tour buses and see what is awaiting them.

We had a wonderful greeting in Rome when we returned to the ship after a long excursion.