Carib. Princess - Any changes in the coffee

roe2ship

Since three sailings have gone by, I was waiting to try to get more passengers opinions on this topic. For Starbucks coffee fans, has there been any improvement on the coffee on this new ship, or should I still plan to bring my small coffee pot on board with me?

Caribbean Princess 7/03/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;7;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

I sampled the Horizon Court coffee, just for research you know. One morning it was watery, the next it was OK, the next it tasted like old socks. I was glad I had my little 4-cupper in the cabin.

On the other hand, they serve some good coffee down at the Lobby Bar. It's just a very long hike from the extreme stern where we were located. One of the young ladies working there is a real sweetheart, and made the trip worthwhile.

Just completed:
Caribbean Princess Apr 3/04
Golden Princess Apr 10/04
Coming up:
Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04

I was on the 4/10 Caribbean Princess and thought that the Coffee served in the Dining rooms was some of the best coffee I've ever had. In fact, the first night my wife ordered a Capuccino, but felt the regular coffee served was better. The Coffee in the Horizon court was hit or miss. It comes out of a "tap" where there is no way to tell how fresh it is or how it is made. There are 4 different coffee stations in Horizon Court, so when 1 gave me very watered down coffee, I just went to the other one. We also ordered coffee in our room as part of our continental breakfast in the mornings and that coffee was very good and consistent, much better than Horizon court coffee.

Rob- do you really bring a coffeemaker?

I've read that before and thought it was a joke, like bringing a crock pot

If so, you mentioned a 4 cup maker. How do you pack it and what kind is it? We always bring coffee for pre and post hotel stays but their coffee maker is fine.

Thanks

Happy Cruising

Chris

[url="http://www.LifeIsCruising.com"]www.LifeIsCruising.com[/url]

Next up:
Caribbean Princess 06/26/04
Star Princess 10/24/04
Diamond Princess 12/22/04
Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

I wasn't on the Carib but on the Grand. The coffee was bad, bad , bad. Made no difference where you got it. Good thing I like tea. I did find that coffee on the promenade deck one day and it was drinkable. Will bring some coffee singles or small jar of something next time. Will be interested to hear about the 4 cup coffee make also.

Grand Princess 4/4/04

Jack, you are right, the coffee in the dining room was quite good, be it breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Chris, I look for deals on Mr. Coffee or similar type pots. They pack fairly easily. Since we usually leave it for our cabin steward, it frees up space for goodies that we've purchased during the cruise.

Just completed:
Caribbean Princess Apr 3/04
Golden Princess Apr 10/04
Coming up:
Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04

Archived