Barcelona - debarkation/flight time

cruisinlawn

Hi folks...I've already posted on the cruise air and Barcelona forum but wanted to seek input from those that have sailed Epic out of Barcelona. This Summer we'll be sailing Carnival Vista rndtrip Barcelona and just trying to pin down our flight back home. We had a 11:45a departure on the day we debark from ship, that has since moved up to 10:30a. Is this doable and would we be crazy to try this? Vista is scheduled back in 6a. I understand the ship has to be cleared then all the airport hurdles, etc. and know that each day/sailing can be different. I'm just trying to collect thoughts and experiences from those that have done it. TIA. :)

Hi folks...I've already posted on the cruise air and Barcelona forum but wanted to seek input from those that have sailed Epic out of Barcelona. This Summer we'll be sailing Carnival Vista rndtrip Barcelona and just trying to pin down our flight back home.

Hi

You might want to ask this on the Carnival section as some NCL cruisers might not be familiar with other cruise lines sail times - I know I'm certainly not. Epic is normally in at 5am - they get you off the ship quick and a 20 minute taxi to the airport - done!

If Carnival do an easy walk off then you can do it - be dockside for 7am to grab a taxi, like I said it's a 20 minute ride at a fixed tarrif of 39 euros and you should be at the airport at 7:30am to check in etc... (3 hours is the norm for international flights). The only issue you might have is that the taxis might not have been let in by the port authority yet.

I hope that helps but you should definitely ask on the carnival board at the regular cruisers on their might know more about the pattern of carnivals port times and whether they tend to get into port early or late.

Hi

You might want to ask this on the Carnival section as some NCL cruisers might not be familiar with other cruise lines sail times - I know I'm certainly not. Epic is normally in at 5am - they get you off the ship quick and a 20 minute taxi to the airport - done!

If Carnival do an easy walk off then you can do it - be dockside for 7am to grab a taxi, like I said it's a 20 minute ride at a fixed tarrif of 39 euros and you should be at the airport at 7:30am to check in etc... (3 hours is the norm for international flights). The only issue you might have is that the taxis might not have been let in by the port authority yet.

I hope that helps but you should definitely ask on the carnival board at the regular cruisers on their might know more about the pattern of carnivals port times and whether they tend to get into port early or late.

Thanks for the info. I should have been more clear. I know Epic has been doing rndtrip Barcelona for the past year or so which lead me to ask. This is new for Carnival as the only time the do Europe is when a new ship goes in, which will take place this year with Vista. Although, they did try it a few years back and pulled out.

We're somewhat familiar with Carnival debarkation as we have sailed them numerous times. Yes, we would be able to get priority debarkation with self assist, which I think is probably similar to NCL's easy walk off.

The ship is due in at 6a so we're thinking we would be okay, knowing that we would have to be moving early to get going. Thanks for the input, it makes us feel a bit better. Enjoy :)