Kudos to RCL for excellent Internet!

h-sar

Just spent Christmas on Oasis and New Yrs on the Regal Princess. Two excellent cruises, for very different reasons. One area that RCL really shone in was the high speed internet. Just as fast as what I have at home!

I hadn't purchased the Internet package, but Christmas Day happened to fall on a sea day. I told my 16 and 18-year-olds that their only Christmas present was going to be the cruise as I did not want to pack anything in our already burgeoning luggage - needless to say, they were quite happy with the cruise as their present! However, on Christmas morning, I had the urge to get them something and figured what teens want most is to be connected with their friends back home, even for a day, and even when they're having a blast on their cruise, as mine always do. So, I bought the 24 hour Internet package and let them go crazy for the day. They loved the gift - it wasn't something we needed to pack to take back home, wasn't something that had to be returned because it didn't fit, etc. They loved facetiming with their grandparents/aunts/uncles/cousins, and exchanging Christmas wishes and sending off cruise pics to friends. I do admit I may have enjoyed part of their Christmas gift myself for a few minutes here and there. :D

It was not until we were on Princess, when I started to take advantage of the 150 free internet minutes that I was given due to my status, that I really appreciated the great Internet on oasis. Princess internet was incredibly slow and were it not for the fact that I was given the minutes for free, I would have demanded my money back the first day. Great job RCL, and this comes from a princess loyal !!