No Crown for 2017?

RetiredNTraveling

We flew from the east coast, so parking was not an issue. However, we stayed at the Doubletree, San Pedro. Parking was free for28 days for those who drove, and a room was $159. There were about 50 from our roll call.

That's a great option & we used it for our roundtrip Hawaii cruise which at that time was a 14 day cruise. Good to know they received 28 days of free parking because years ago it was only 14 days...thanks for the update.

I don't know that it is true, but we were told on the Crown South Pacific cruise in 2015 that it was the most repeated Princess itinerary.

Paul, I believe you because you would pull our legs! :p

We are still trying to take it the first time! :eek:

Just as soon as it's available we are booking! Then we will worry about a repeat of the itinerary! ;) :D

Just Mike

Sorry. Yes, I goofed on that calculation. So, Emerald still looks like a promising contender for 2017!

Sandra:)

There is still a timing issue. Sandra just entered the 11/17 date incorrectly. Should have been the 12th.

The port schedules show the Emerald in Papeete on the 10th, and the LA schedule shows the Emerald in port on the 12th, not the 17th. Since she can't make it back to LA in 2 days, there is definitely a conflict.

The Nawilliwilli schedule fits a Tahitian itinerary better than a HI run. Getting from Nawilliwilli to LA certainly doesn't take 15 days.

I would tend to distrust the LA schedule more than others since Princess does own the terminal in San Pedro...and should be able to change schedules easier than non-Princess terminals.

But we should find out soon...

There is still a timing issue. Sandra just entered the 11/17 date incorrectly. Should have been the 12th.

The port schedules show the Emerald in Papeete on the 10th, and the LA schedule shows the Emerald in port on the 12th, not the 17th. Since she can't make it back to LA in 2 days, there is definitely a conflict.

The Nawilliwilli schedule fits a Tahitian itinerary better than a HI run. Getting from Nawilliwilli to LA certainly doesn't take 15 days.

I would tend to distrust the LA schedule more than others since Princess does own the terminal in San Pedro...and should be able to change schedules easier than non-Princess terminals.

But we should find out soon...

Thanks for seeing my typo error. I have to start re-reading what I type a little closer.

Meanwhile, my daughter-in-law Bonnie and I are already (mentally) planning the 2017 cruise. We hope we will know by May. We booked the 2015 cruise in May of 2014 right after it opened up. Bonnie had never cruised before. It took her 3 days to get her "sea legs" and stomach calmed down. Needless to say, she is now hooked on cruising.

All we can do now is wait.

Thanks for seeing my typo error. I have to start re-reading what I type a little closer.

Meanwhile, my daughter-in-law Bonnie and I are already (mentally) planning the 2017 cruise. We hope we will know by May. We booked the 2015 cruise in May of 2014 right after it opened up. Bonnie had never cruised before. It took her 3 days to get her "sea legs" and stomach calmed down. Needless to say, she is now hooked on cruising.

All we can do now is wait.

Avast! Pirate-02-june.gif Now why would ye wish to take away the fun in posting? Getting caught in an error is where the fun is!

Now as to booking, yes ye be totally correct in that the cruise opened up on May 13, 2014! I just checked the original Roll Call for that cruise and here is the 1st link to a booking that I could find! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42750965&postcount=135

Yes it was from the one and only Terrie aka GoVolsTB who started the Roll Call. We Booked & Posted within 1 hour of Terri! Now we are waiting with bated breath for that day to come again!

In the mean time Betty & I are trying to meet our need to cruise by taking a Hawaiian cruise this April 29 - May 14. We have given our TA instructions that should it open while we are at sea which cabins are our 1st or 2nd choices. She is to book it for us, to which she has agreed!

Just Mike

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

Avast! Pirate-02-june.gif Now why would ye wish to take away the fun in posting? Getting caught in an error is where the fun is!

Now as to booking, yes ye be totally correct in that the cruise opened up on May 13, 2014! I just checked the original Roll Call for that cruise and here is the 1st link to a booking that I could find! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42750965&postcount=135

Yes it was from the one and only Terrie aka GoVolsTB who started the Roll Call. We Booked & Posted within 1 hour of Terri! Now we are waiting with bated breath for that day to come again!

In the mean time Betty & I are trying to meet our need to cruise by taking a Hawaiian cruise this April 29 - May 14. We have given our TA instructions that should it open while we are at sea which cabins are our 1st or 2nd choices. She is to book it for us, to which she has agreed!

Just Mike

Mike,

It sounds like you have a terrific TA!!

In May, I should be in Naples Florida which is an annual event since I have three weeks in a timeshare there. While there and on the way there, my daily action is going to be to check on the opening of the 2017 cruise. I, too, know what cabins I want to get for us.

• 2 weeks later...
Been waiting several years for both my husband and I to be retired so we could do this cruise! Planning on booking for 2017 when the open the fall cruises.

Greeting Wanderlust1955! Glad that you searched back in the archives to find this link. Keep watching for a Roll Call to form and then the fun begins! :eek: :D

Just Mike

In May of 2014 Princess opened up the 2015 HI-SAMOA-French Polynesia 28-day cruise. But, prior to that there was a group of us sitting around doing the same thing we are doing now -- WAITING!!!! :eek:

I think Emerald has been positioned to take us in 2017. But, then what do I know about what Princess is going to do!:confused:

If that happens, Bonnie will join me once again.:)

Cross your fingers and get out the rabbit foot and put it in your pocket or purse! We need all the good luck we can get!

Sandra:) and Bonnie:)

Sandra, as you can see I'm just setting around as you say!

tiglounge.png

But I can be ready at the drop of a hat!

tigger.jpg

Then I spring into action!

tiger-animated-gif2.gif

Just Miket!

Hi Mike,

I knew you were doing just that -- sure love the illustrations. It brightens my day.:)

When is Paul supposed to be back? If my memory is pretty good it should be very soon.

Have you ever been on "The ultimate ship's tour"? The review on it was very intriguing. It was by a passenger who was on the Emerald a week or so ago. It is $150/per person. The perks are good and the areas of the ship they take you to are something I would definitely like to see.

Take care,

Sandra:):D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2134630

We were on this one...check it out. We'd do it again in a heart beat.

Joanie

Many thanks to Reba for the awesome job she did on our roll call.

I lurked around the 2014 Edition so much that we booked the 2015 cruise. However, we had to cancel just 3hrs prior to boarding. So now we are looking strongly at the 2017 Edition. I remember reading so many of yours and Reba posts that I feel I know the two of you. I plagiarized Reba's 2014 Shutterfly so much to develop the one for 2015.

https://oct2015crownprincesshawaiitahiti.shutterfly.com/

Reba is such a great sport!

Just Mike

I lurked around the 2014 Edition so much that we booked the 2015 cruise. However, we had to cancel just 3hrs prior to boarding. So now we are looking strongly at the 2017 Edition. I remember reading so many of yours and Reba posts that I feel I know the two of you. I plagiarized Reba's 2014 Shutterfly so much to develop the one for 2015.

Just Mike

I see Justin Lawes was still Captain...loved him. His wife and young child were on board, and they were always out and about...even dined at the buffet some evenings.

Joanie

Just Mike

Don't forget the nasty cease/desist note about the shirts! :D

That still STICKS in my craw!

Yikes!:eek: Can someone elaborate on what happened?

I over stepped the bounds of plagiarizing and got called on the carpet for doing it. I was completely in the wrong but was just trying to eliminate a step or two for anyone wanting to use some pictures that we had been given the right to copy and use on T-shirts.

That is the crux of the matter and believe me I will never cross that line again. My hind side still stings from the deserved lashing!

Just Mike

(Derek took offense at the criticism, plus he is like an elephant in that he never forgets! Nyah Nyah. Thanks for bringing it up.)

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

Mike's being too nice about the situation.

The unvarnished story is this:

Mike was looking to make some roll call shirts for us, the prior call had some designs posted. Mike used those as a guide and updated them to reflect the cruise. Mike then gets this nasty gram like he was stealing millions of dollars from an artist about how "he has no permission this" and "he has no right this".

I could see the reaction if Mike had won the Pulitzer for a work he didn't author or if he was costing an artist millions from illegal downloads.

I'd've just left the design up, adding a giant clam with "offended" party's name emblazoned on it.

Yes, it still chaps my cheeks!! :mad:

That claim of "intellectual property" is like someone trying to claim a rectangle.