No Crown for 2017?

RetiredNTraveling

Sounds like you have a great concept with the splitting of Hawaii into before and after the South Seas. ;) :D

As for a having a really fast ship, well I kind of doubt it! So we are still left hanging around waiting for Princess to "Excrement or Get Off the Pot"! :o

Just Mike

Mike, if it turns out there won't be a Tahiti cruise in 2017 would you consider jumping on board this cruise?

Question for those of you who have done this cruise before.

Would Port or Starboard cabin be better.

Thanks

Christine

I don't think it makes much difference. You never know which side the Captain will decide to park next to a pier. Some like overlooking the pier and some prefer to have a view of the harbor. 18 days of the cruise are at sea so the view is the same from either side.

I don't think it makes much difference. You never know which side the Captain will decide to park next to a pier. Some like overlooking the pier and some prefer to have a view of the harbor. 18 days of the cruise are at sea so the view is the same from either side.

The only other consideration is where is the sun. There are 8 sea days to wrap up this cruise and they are all as the ship sails a northerly course. So, if you have a balcony, the afternoon sun will be to the west or the port side of the ship. On the other hand if you prefer to be in the shade, then the east or starboard side would work best.

The only other consideration is where is the sun. There are 8 sea days to wrap up this cruise and they are all as the ship sails a northerly course. So, if you have a balcony, the afternoon sun will be to the west or the port side of the ship. On the other hand if you prefer to be in the shade, then the east or starboard side would work best.

Hadn't thought about that...

Thank you

Chris

I am currently booked on this years version but have been following this thread because I don't know if I will be able to go this year. I just checked a few schedules and found the Emerald Princess Oct 8- Nov 5 (those two dates as mentioned previously will be in LA). I found Oct 13 in Hilo and Oct 22 in Honolulu. I could not find Nawilliwilli as nothing listed for Oct 2017. Nor could I find anything for Maui. I did find Papeete arriving Oct 26 and leaving at 1700 on the 27th. If Hilo is the 13 and Honolulu the 22 they may be doing a different order to the ports?

I would say the Oct 22 date on the port schedule for Honolulu is a mistake. It doesn't work mathematically. The Oct 13th date works out perfectly with the Oct 8th embarkation date in L.A. That works out to the 4 sea days it takes to get to Hawaii from L.A. In my experience. Princess always spends 4 consecutive days visiting the 4 Hawaiian islands. Splitting up the islands between going to and returning from the south pacific doesn't work out. The ship can't be in Honolulu on the 22nd and in Papeete on the 26th and back in L.A on Nov 5th without skipping Samoa, Bpra Bora and all the other ports.

Come on Princess---publish the schedule so we can stop researching all these port schedules and getting frustrated by inconsistencies.

Mike, if it turns out there won't be a Tahiti cruise in 2017 would you consider jumping on board this cruise?

We are going on a 15 day Hawaii cruise the me of April. These I start the process of coming up with that $ film 2017. I'm glad that You and Paul are going. I will live vicariously thru of guys.

Just Mike

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

We are going on a 15 day Hawaii cruise the me of April. These I start the process of coming up with that $ film 2017. I'm glad that You and Paul are going. I will live vicariously thru of guys.

Just Mike

You did that last year. :)

....BLUSHING... Yeah that is right. :D My DW says that I am getting real good at enjoying other peoples travels. :o

Just Mike

Well, I have our dance card pretty full. You are welcome to enjoy any or all from the comfey of your home, but rather see you on the sea

Well, I have our dance card pretty full. You are welcome to enjoy any or all from the comfey of your home, but rather see you on the sea

Paul,

Ignore this test

Sandra:confused:

Edited by sunsetsjh
edit

Hi All,

Looks like we hit the doldrums :confused:.

Princess has already started posting the excursions for 2016:). That is a lot earlier than the normal 120 days before push off.

Still waiting for Princess to post 2017:eek:.

Meanwhile, "Just Swingin" as John Anderson would say/sing.

Sandra:):)

Edited by sunsetsjh
edit

Originally Posted by Coral View Post

2017 -2018 Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific Bookings open April 21st.

Contact your Travel Professional!

I hope the cruise we all want is on that schedule and not just cruises out of Australia.

Coral responded to my question that there is NOT a South Pacific cruise round trip LA on the list she has.

Coral responded to my question that there is NOT a South Pacific cruise round trip LA on the list she has.

In addition, I think the R/T LA is an Exotic, which is the last group of cruises Princess posts.

So I still have a hunch they will still include it... we just have to be patient.

I just saw the list of cruises included in this April 21 opening on a TA website and as suspected, they are all out of New Zealand, Australia and Tasmania.

Bummer! More waiting!:(

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from a great cruise on board the Royal; spoke to future cruise sales manager who informed me there will be a 28 day R/T LA to Tahiti in 2017 in October on either the Emerald or the Ruby and it will be announced in May. He also said there would be two R/T's in 2018, one in the Fall and one in the Spring. He was reading the information directly from his computer and not off the cuff. :D

Edited by Duffysmom