Thomson Dream cancellation

I have booked to fly ex Birmingham on 19th January 2016 returning Feb 3rd on Mayan Treasures and Cuban Revolution for 2 weeks but due to sudden medical issue ( consultant won't let me fly)I will have to cancel although insurance only partially covers cost! Can anyone tell me if I have any alternatives I.e can I sell my two tickets for fair price so someone can benefit other than travel agent? Would love to let someone else have a great holiday at more than good price . is it possible? I'm gutted!!

My friend and I booked this cruise in early November and paid in full In early December she suffered pulmonary embolisms in both lungs and we both assumed she wouldn't. Be able to fly but as the clots had already moved from her leg and abdomen they can't now travel to the heart or brain thankfully and as she has the new medication for this condition she has been told she can fly. Before we knew this, I contacted my local Thomson TA, after reading the terms and conditions, and was informed you can actually transfer bookings into other names up to check in but the cost increases. However certain destinations require passport information up to 2 weeks before departure and I'm afraid that Jamaica is one of these. So Huddersfieldtourist is correct in your case. I'm very surprised that you will not get paid out in full by your insurance company as my friend contacted her provider of her annual policy just in case and would have been paid out in full as long as she claimed before her policy renewal. Her policy ran out a week before departure and they would not renew it and after spending all day trying to get insurance, some quotes as high as £2500 for an annual policy, she opted for the cheapest single trip insurance at £250.

I am so sorry you are going to miss this wonderful cruise and I wish you a very speedy recovery.

I also hope any future insurance isn't going to cost you an arm and a leg.

Why won't you ins cover all costs, who is it with?

partially depends on what the excess is,quite often the excess is per person rather than per claim, so for example what may look like say a £250 cancellation excess is twice that - £500

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Huddersfield tourist, Okavango and blossom52 and Vitalsign for your replies - apologies for delay in my reply due to hospital visits after having 2 stents fitted. Now very much 'up and running' and on road to recovery which begs next question re travel insurance - any best advice and tips on getting appropriate cover at realistic premium?

I will of course tell my existing insurer ( annual multi trip) of my ' pre- existing' condition, but would appreciate information of anyone who has had experienced medical issue after previous A1 health.

Thank you

Thanks to Huddersfield tourist, Okavango and blossom52 and Vitalsign for your replies - apologies for delay in my reply due to hospital visits after having 2 stents fitted. Now very much 'up and running' and on road to recovery which begs next question re travel insurance - any best advice and tips on getting appropriate cover at realistic premium?

I will of course tell my existing insurer ( annual multi trip) of my ' pre- existing' condition, but would appreciate information of anyone who has had experienced medical issue after previous A1 health.

Thank you

Staysure was the only company prepared to insure my husband after he had a Cardiac Arrest/Defibrillator implant last year. We found them very helpful and knowledgable about Cardiac conditions.

We use World First for annual travel insurance. My husband and I have serious health issues and they have always covered these at a reasonable cost. Recommended the company to a friend who has angina and had several stents and he also found them very competitive.