Packing a fan

singbluesilver1

Have you ever used it just with batteries? How long do the 6 D cells last?

Bob

Mine worked for a full 7 day cruise and I put it on when I went to sleep and turned it off when I woke up! I did bring extra batteries just in case but did not need them!

I print out the list from the Carnival website that shows fans and power strips are allowed. Then if they try to take those from me.....I can show them! I've never really had any problems but will be taking my fan in my Carry-On along with my wine!

Thanks...I will print that out and keep in my travel bag that I keep the fan in to take with me from now on in case I ever have a problem again. There's no way I'm parting with my fan again lol.

we also cannot sleep without a fan - both for noise and to stay cooler - and our adult children also have developed our habit. Our son also had his small electric fan removed from his checked luggage on cruise he and his wife took with several couples friends. He eventually got it back during the cruise, though not without a fight, and a couple of nights not being able to sleep well because they didn't have it. He was told that if brought in with carry on that likely would not have been confiscated and so that is what we are planning to do on our cruise in May. Glad to know about the printout from Carnival website and believe me I just printed it to take with us to embark!

• 2 months later...

I had my battery operated one in my carry on and no one said anything. It takes 4 AA batteries and they last the entire 8 days using it just at night, it was starting to slow down at the end and I did bring extra batteries.