Izumi on Allure - hibachi menu

I've searched but can't find the hibachi menu for Izumi on Allure of the Seas. I understand they do Hibachi for dinner now. What is cover charge for that, or is it a la carte? Do they do the hibachi in front of you, or is it prepared in the back and then brought to your table? Thanks in advance!

Do they do the hibachi in front of you, or is it prepared in the back and then brought to your table?

You can do either. When you walk in, to the right are the hibachi grills/tables or to the left is regular sitting where they will bring the food out to you.

We were on Allure in November and did Izumi. I wouldn't do it again. It's extremely slow I suppose for the "experience" and took over an hour from sitting down until we had all our food in front of us. I had steak and chicken, the wife had chicken and I think our total bill was something like $85-$100. I don't remember the exact prices.

Edit - http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/izumi.pdf

Edited by NathanJax

We enjoyed Izumi hibachi last November on our cruise and wished we would have scheduled a second dinner there. The food is prepared at the table and the table seats 8. There are 3 tables of 8 and you must have reservations. We had a wonderful chef and our tablemates were very congenial so it was a nice evening. We had made our reservations on-line prior to boarding and paid a $30 or $35 charge per person. This covered the standard chicken, steak, or shrimp dinner. When we arrived, we chose to do a combo dinner so the price was $5 more per person. Dh had steak and lobster and I chose chicken and shrimp. It also came with the standard veggies, rice, and dessert. Drinks, of course, are extra.The meal took about 1 1/2 hours to complete and we went on our last evening. Izumi had the best service of any restaurant that we experienced on our cruise. Go and enjoy!

You can do either. When you walk in, to the right are the hibachi grills/tables or to the left is regular sitting where they will bring the food out to you.

We were on Allure in November and did Izumi. I wouldn't do it again. It's extremely slow I suppose for the "experience" and took over an hour from sitting down until we had all our food in front of us. I had steak and chicken, the wife had chicken and I think our total bill was something like $85-$100. I don't remember the exact prices.

Edit - http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/izumi.pdf

My Oasis cruise planner shows $30 per for the hibachi dinner and a lacarte for the sushi. Also, add'l charge for any sushi specialty rolls with the hibachi dinner.

If it is a small group 2-3, I wouldn't recommend this experience. If you have a larger group, I would in a heartbeat. As you probably know, you're automatically seated with up to 10 others at a table, which can be a bit awkward if everyone else is part of the same party and/or has a very different sense of humor than you, as you'll feel like you're crashing someone else's party. However, if you have 4+ it's a really fun experience.

I think the food is great, especially if you supplement a few sushi rolls as "appetizers" with the menu. One thing to point out is that a few "combo" options are listed on the menu (steak + shrimp, lobster + chicken, scallops + steak, etc). You are allowed to mix and match any of these items, even if it is not listed. The steak + lobster has always been very popular with us.

While the food is not quite as good as it is at a shoreside teppanyaki place, it is close. The chefs were all hired away from, I think, Benihana in UAE.

Edited by TrojanUSC

If it is a small group 2-3, I wouldn't recommend this experience. If you have a larger group, I would in a heartbeat. As you probably know, you're automatically seated with up to 10 others at a table, which can be a bit awkward if everyone else is part of the same party and/or has a very different sense of humor than you, as you'll feel like you're crashing someone else's party. However, if you have 4+ it's a really fun experience.

I think the food is great, especially if you supplement a few sushi rolls as "appetizers" with the menu. One thing to point out is that a few "combo" options are listed on the menu (steak + shrimp, lobster + chicken, scallops + steak, etc). You are allowed to mix and match any of these items, even if it is not listed. The steak + lobster has always been very popular with us.

While the food is not quite as good as it is at a shoreside teppanyaki place, it is close. The chefs were all hired away from, I think, Benihana in UAE.

Do you know what the charge is for a 2nd entrée. I recall that a second entrée helping in Portofino was either an addl $10 or $15 charge.

Do you know what the charge is for a 2nd entrée. I recall that a second entrée helping in Portofino was either an addl $10 or $15 charge.

No idea but honestly they serve you so many courses I really doubt you'd want a second entree, but there might be an a la carte option for this. As mentioned, if you at all like sushi, I'd suggest getting some sushi rolls to supplement the meal.

We did the hibaci experience on Allure's transatlantic cruise. Possibly the best food I had all cruise. We prepaid $30 when making the reservations online before the cruise but we were charged an extra $5.00 to do a combo meal. Of course the drinks were extra. Don't worry about not liking sushi...I can't stand the stuff but you get enough to eat that you won't be hungry when you are finished. Now one hour later...that may be another story!