Magic room layout with upper

no1volman

I'll be on the Magic in June with my wife and 14 year old daughter. It's an interior room on lido deck and says it has 2 twin beds (converts to king) and 1 upper. I'm just curious how the upper works. The only other cruise we've been on with all 3 of us was on the Sunshine. And it had a king and then a small bed next to the king (I assume it was normally a couch). So is the upper actually over the top of the king bed?

I'll be on the Magic in June with my wife and 14 year old daughter. It's an interior room on lido deck and says it has 2 twin beds (converts to king) and 1 upper. I'm just curious how the upper works. The only other cruise we've been on with all 3 of us was on the Sunshine. And it had a king and then a small bed next to the king (I assume it was normally a couch). So is the upper actually over the top of the king bed?

Search it on google images, there are lots of pictures. Basically if the king were two twins (one twin against each wall) one of twins has a bed above it that folds down from the ceiling. So one side has bunk beds and the other side is just a twin. Not sure if the twins can be a king if the upper is being used though - I'm sure others here will know.

Search it on google images, there are lots of pictures. Basically if the king were two twins (one twin against each wall) one of twins has a bed above it that folds down from the ceiling. So one side has bunk beds and the other side is just a twin. Not sure if the twins can be a king if the upper is being used though - I'm sure others here will know.

You can still put the beds together for a king but the person on the bunk side has to watch their head when they get up!

I'm super nervous about this set up as well

We will have an interior with 2 uppers with me, my husband, 11 year old son and 13 year old daughter. Last cruise we had a balcony.

I can't justify an extra $1000 for this. I just wish they had the couch set up for interiors

We will have an interior with 2 uppers with me, my husband, 11 year old son and 13 year old daughter. Last cruise we had a balcony.

I can't justify an extra $1000 for this. I just wish they had the couch set up for interiors

I was wondering if our room on the Sunshine was bigger than our room on the Magic. But after reading your post I assume the balcony rooms are bigger than interior rooms? Because we did have a balcony on the Sunshine.

And I keep checking for price drops for our cruise. And you're correct, currently it would cost $1000 to upgrade to a balcony. They're nice, but not that nice.

Check the price of just two interior rooms that sleep two. You never know.

Our last cruise, a Spa Balcony for 4 was about $300 more than a Spa Balcony for 2 and a Spa Interior room (right across the hall) combined. Double the space, two bathrooms, etc. etc. Think there is a lot of demand for the rooms that sleep 4, which explains the high price.

I'm still a little confused on why some rooms have an upper and some have a small side bed (where a couch normally sits). I was under the assumption that all interior rooms on the magic had the upper bed. But after looking at some room photos on ********************, I see plenty of interior rooms with the side bed. Any idea why some have uppers and others don't?

I'm still a little confused on why some rooms have an upper and some have a small side bed (where a couch normally sits). I was under the assumption that all interior rooms on the magic had the upper bed. But after looking at some room photos on ********************, I see plenty of interior rooms with the side bed. Any idea why some have uppers and others don't?

cc doesn't allow references to certain websites, so I'm not sure which one you are looking at. However, there are certain rooms that are classified as interior rooms, but they might have a porthole or an obstructed view window. These rooms tend to be a little larger than the basic interior rooms, which are extremely tiny. Those larger rooms have space for a sofa, which they then use for the 3rd bed. That sofabed (not a pullout) would be the "side bed". Lido deck has 4 rooms that have a window with an obstructed view that are classified as interiors, that sleep up to 4 people, but they might be HC rooms. And there are 2 porthole rooms on Riviera deck that sleep 3 people. All of these rooms use a sofabed for the 3rd, but they are very popular rooms. That would be it for the interiors. All other interiors do not have any room for a sofa, so the 3rd will be in an upper with the tiny setup that has been described here.

I would say to spring for an OV room, and go for the deluxe OV room. That one has an extra half-bathroom, with a sink & junior tub/shower (no toilet). So 2 showers, 2 sinks, plus the sofabed for the 3rd person, an extremely larger room, & a window. My friends & I took one of those, and we were very happy with it.

We tend to be on the scrooge side. When we travel with the kids, we cram into an inside for 4. We just got off the Magic, room 7298, and had no problem with it. The kids took the two bunks, wife and I took the twins. As we are seldom in the cabin except to change and sleep, this is not a problem. Lets us spend more money on shore excursions!

The "kids" in this case were 19 and 22.

We also did a 12 day on the NCL Spirit, their oldest smallest ship. A little tighter than Carnival, but again we were seldom in the cabin.

I've only used interior cabins when cruising. I usually go with my parents. We have done both the two twins and the pull down and the king and the pull down. It has never been an issue and I am in my 30's. It's always been cheaper that way and the only time we are in the room is to sleep and shower and change. I will advise that with the bed as a king size the room is a little more cramped:)