Legend balcony question

Broncofans

We're getting 2 rooms next to each other and want to open the balcony door between the 2 rooms. On our last cruise on the Dream you had to have the right rooms to be able to do that. How does it work on the Legend? Does it matter which rooms we get? Does the divider block anything? Any help appreciated.

We're getting 2 rooms next to each other and want to open the balcony door between the 2 rooms. On our last cruise on the Dream you had to have the right rooms to be able to do that. How does it work on the Legend? Does it matter which rooms we get? Does the divider block anything? Any help appreciated.

We had 7299 and 7301. Large balconies anyway but combined was really nice. Ask your room steward as soon as you can. It used to be that they would only open up so many on the ship, for whatever reason. I don't know if this is still the case. Hope this helps. Bill.

What I understand is all balconies can open to each other. Except the aft balconies. But that the dividers open outward to the railing. Correct? Also wondering how bad does it block the view? Is it terrible or not to bad? Thinking of booking 2 regular aft balcony cabins next to each other aft on empress deck.

What I understand is all balconies can open to each other. Except the aft balconies. But that the dividers open outward to the railing. Correct? Also wondering how bad does it block the view? Is it terrible or not to bad? Thinking of booking 2 regular aft balcony cabins next to each other aft on empress deck.

It's my understanding they won't open the aft balconies anymore. I don't have any personal experience with that.

The other dividers do open to the rail. They are attached to the rail with a clamp. There are a limited number of clamps on the ship, so make your request ASAP.

Just the divider, about the size of a door, blocks the view. Not bad, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
CrusinpsychRN how do you join? BTW my wife is a L&d RN.

Became a nurse to do L&D! But couldn't work nights and that was the only shift to start.

Go to crusiedeckplans.com, pick a ship then when you hover over a cabin a box comes up. Click it and it tells you to see you have to be a member and offers a way to join. I use this site daily!

They will pay you a small sum to add pics and they need new pics as a lot of them are not updated.

My memory of the balconies that we had on the Legend, when we had neighboring cabins with our kids (6244 and 6246), was that the divider opened inward, and did not obstruct the view in any way.

That was in 2011, so it's possible that things have changed since then. It was like having one large balcony shared by the rooms.

We had a group of 3 balconies on the Legend last summer and were able to get the dividers opened between all of them. The door only blocked by a couple of feet and when we walked to the other balconies it did not matter much.

We were on the side extended balconies on deck 7, and that setup was fantastic.

• 1 month later...
We had 7299 and 7301. Large balconies anyway but combined was really nice. Ask your room steward as soon as you can. It used to be that they would only open up so many on the ship, for whatever reason. I don't know if this is still the case. Hope this helps. Bill.

Billfrompa, do you have any pictures of cabin 7301? Also did you find the lifeboats below bother your view at all?