Amber Cove Cabana Review (& more!)

Fufunia

Hi RCMommy!

The hammock does have a reserved sign like jac-3 mentioned. I didn't notice anyone using ours, but I only went down there once to use it.

I suppose if we are not using it, someone else might as well. If we decide to use it, we will just point out the reserved sign. No big deal really.

• 1 month later...
Thank you for the review, I have been searching and searching and not finding much info. We will be in Amber Cove in April and I reserved a Hillside Cabana, now I am wondering if that was a good choice because of the "trek" to get to them. I'm wondering if I should change it to either Oceanside or Poolside. :confused:

Have you returned from your cruise yet? Was wondering what you decided & if you have any reviews? We'll be there early June. The poolside ones are sold out so we're trying to decide between hillside & oceanside. Was specifically wondering how those 2 compare in convenience to the pool, slides & zipline.

Thanks for any input you can give.

Does anyone know if a mobility scooter or w/c can get into the cabanas?

We stayed in a poolside cabana in March. You would have easy access to the bottom of the stairs of the cabana but there are no ramps to get you up to the actual cabana which is about 10-15 steps up from the pool deck. We walked up the hill to the hillside cabanas and that was a lot of steps (felt like hundreds). There is a path that runs up and down the mountain for golf carts so maybe they would be able to drive you up there? I'd give Carnival a call or email the excursion dept. and ask. If I had to guess, I would say that the ocean cabana's would be the most accessible of the 3 types.

Regarding the handicapped accessibility, we rented an Ocean Cabana during the 4/24/16 week and it is accessible to a motor scooter or wheelchair. The inside is big enough to navigate around in my opinion. The back deck of the Ocean Cabana is two tier, though. So...the person would have access to the whole inside cabana and main back deck and then it is a single step down to the lower deck. There is no furniture or anything on this lower deck. It could be used for sitting and putting your feet in the water. Hope this helps. :)

• 1 month later...