How is Majesty these days?

Hi All,

I am looking to join my 2 children and their partners for their first cruise experience, we like the looks of the itinerary on the Majesty (Med Medley).

I haven't been on the Majesty for a couple of years and the last time we had a good cruise but the buffet area was a problem. if I remember correctly they have refurbished the buffet area.

How is it these days?

I was toying with an MSC cruise on a similar itinerary, they are giving free drinks but it would mean booking our own flights and an overnight stay in Barcelona, ok if it was just me and my wife, but catering for 6 is a logistical nightmare.

Have only been on the Maj' since the buffet upgrade & as Sugarloaf says the ship has a very well laid out buffet facility in a newly covered in area at the back of the ship called Piazza San Marco. The old buffet is still on the same deck at the other end of the ship which I think is closed for the evening when the staff are used for the main restaurant, but that still leaves the Majesty with two fully operational buffets at breakfast making it the best I have been on.

Think the only difference in the food was the afternoon cream teas were served in the old buffet.

Edited by Stevio

The 2 buffet arrangement works well and the forward buffet being closed in the evening means there is no overflow to the Royal Observatory bar making it a nice place for a relaxing evening drink plus on my last cruise there was a pianist playing middle of the road stuff rather than classical.