Losing $$ from switched cruise

monicajax

Anyone else having issues with losing $$ due to wrecked Pride?

We were booked for the Windstar Pride cruise for 1/16 that is cancelled. WS switched us to another cruise with the same itinerary and will give us each $500 to recover what we lost in switching airline tickets. However, the costs were $612 per person, and even if we had had travel insurance, we would still be out of the extra $112 not covered by WS. I also have spent literally hours dealing with the inconvenience.

Now wouldn't one think to keep customers satisfied after their ship created the problem through no fault of the consumer, WS would at least give each of us an additional $100 pp ship credit for this loss. No they won't AND they are no longer answering my emails or phone messages and told the booking agent at Avoya (who btw, has been excellent in assisting us in this matter) that there's nothing else they will do for us. Some quality customer service, heh??

OP - you have a TA and this TA should be dealing with all of this for you. You should not be doing this. This is why one uses a TA; they are the ones who earn a commission from your booking. Please see my answer to you where you posted this on the other thread.

Edited by 6rugrats

OP - you have a TA and this TA should be dealing with all of this for you. You should not be doing this. This is why one uses a TA; they are the ones who earn a commission from your booking. Please see my answer to you where you posted this on the other thread.

The OP may have booked WS through the TA but booked the air directly. In this case, the TA did not earn anything on the air nor would they have direct access to any of the air cost information.

The OP may have booked WS through the TA but booked the air directly. In this case, the TA did not earn anything on the air nor would they have direct access to any of the air cost information.

I don't know who booked the air, but believe the point is OP feels Windstar should pay this additional $112 cost for the new plane tickets, or give them a $200 OBC. This could be negotiated by the TA who made the cruise booking, even if they had nothing to do with booking the airfare.

Edited by 6rugrats