Beach near the ship

dakotahrb

I've heard there is a beach close to the ship in Roatan. How far of a walk is it from the ship? Good beach? Are there bars on this beach if so can my 18 year old son buy a drink. We told him he could since it was his senior trip.

Thanks!

If I were on a computer instead of my phone I would get you the link, as it is Google "Mahogany Bay Roatan" it is a multi-million dollar cruise ship complex with shopping, bars, restaurants and a beach. You can either chairlift partway or walk to the beach.. There are heaps and heaps of pictures on the website, maybe you can determine how far the walk is.. It doesn't seen far to me but perception is an intetesting thing..

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I don't drink nor do I have an underage child, I don't have direct knowledge.

Google says Honduras is drinking age is 18, unless Carnival is imposing a different regulation my guess would be 18.

Maybe the thing to do is go bar with your son the first time, ask and then you can send him back

for any subsequent booze runs.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Here is the website http://www.mahoganybaycc.com/ Your son will have no problem buying drinks, the drinking age is 18 on land, Carnival has no jurisdiction over what is done in ports. We let our daughter's have a couple drinks with us since they turned 16 at different ports. Once they turned 19 they thought it really sucked that they couldn't drink on the ship but could at home :p :p