Need price protection form help

cruisenewbie79

I think I finally see a price reduction for the cruise I am booked on. I am trying to fill out the online price protection form for the first time.

The problem is the category I booked is sold out so I can not do a mock booking for that category (4J), nor is that category listed on fare viewer. So what do I put in the field that ask for "Total fare" ?

Also, What do I put in the field where it ask "Where was this fare?".

So which category are you trying to match to? It has to be the same as what you have now.

If you are trying to upgrade for cheaper or the same price call your PVP, TA if you used one or Carnival. The price you would need to enter is BEFORE taxes and port fees. And the last part is which website you saw it on.

I am on the Sunshine April 24, 2016. Category 4J.

When I searched my cruise on Carnival I noticed that the price listed for interiors had dropped. I guess I assumed that meant that the price for all interior categories had dropped.

So if my category is sold out does that mean it is will not be possible for me to ever benefit from a price drop?

When I searched my cruise on Carnival I noticed that the price listed for interiors had dropped. I guess I assumed that meant that the price for all interior categories had dropped.

So if my category is sold out does that mean it is will not be possible for me to ever benefit from a price drop?

That is correct. They can't price match you to a room that pricing doesn't exist for anymore.

However, if you found a higher category room and it was the same or less, you could upgrade. Unless you are Early Saver, you may be able to downgrade and get the savings.

Edited by firemanbobswife

That is mostly correct. If what you paid is now the price of a higher catagory you can use that price protection to upgrade but otherwise you are stuck with what you have. When it comes to the price protection form I never use it if i see a price drop i just call and have it changed that way you are never waiting and wondering if it was accepted.

Look for a cabin in the same area... the closer the better. Same floor, same type (interior, porthole, OV, balcony) and within the same section of hallway.

On your protection form, be descriptive, like like "Cabin 3240 booked at $2000, cabin 3244, next door, now listed at $1800"