Transportation from airport to old San Juan hotel

lv2cruz80

Most of the taxis are really large passenger vans. They have three rows of bench seats and the front passenger seat available. I am sure that 8 will fit. There is a rather large area in the back for luggage. It just depends on how much luggage you have. If all of you have more than one suitcase, I am sure that you won't fit. The taxi situation at the airport is very well organized. I would worry. Even if you need to split the group, it will work out well and you will be no more than a few minutes apart for your arrival.

We are a party of 8 and wonder if anyone has had the experience of a large enough van to fit us all in, with our luggage, to get us to the hotel.

No waiting for a large taxi!:rolleyes: It'll be waiting on you!:cool:

shuttlevanpr dot com

So you make a reservation?

No. At the airport, collect your luggage. As you turn to face the road outside the airport, turn left and go out the door to your far left. You will see a kiosk and some taxi dispatchers. It is a very organized process. There will likely be a line of other passengers. When you reach the front of the line, give the dispatcher your destination information and number of passengers and number of luggage pieces (do not include hand luggage). They will tell you the cost of the taxi and direct you to the vehicle and driver. All of the dispatchers and most of the drivers speak English. They will then drive you to your destination where you will pay the pre-arranged fare and any tip that you wish to contribute.

Any idea what is the fare for 2 to cruise terminal ?

The taxi rates are based on Zones, with the international airport being Zone 1 and the hotels, cruise ship piers/Old San Juan area being Zone 4. The cost is $19.00 from Zone 1 to Zone 4, plus a $2.00 fuel surcharge. If you have suitcases, it's $1.00 baggage fee for each suitcase (no charge for small bags you can carry yourself). Our total amount was $23.00.

I used this website before our last cruise out of San Juan to get an idea of different costs.

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/getting-around-by-taxi/