Breeze Review Jan 2-10

momof3cruisers

I will just get started and try to add pics ASAP.

First things fist...traveling on this trip was myself and my husband (mid forties) and our three kids: Daughter 19, nickname girly, son 15 called Son 1 and Son 2 who is 14. We drove to Miami from our home in MN, leaving on Dec 30th and getting to Pompano Beach on Jan 1st. We decided to stay a little way out from Miami to save quite a bit of money on the hotel. But the hotel was WEIRD, so we'll never stay there again. The plan worked very well, but the place we stayed was called The Forum. I knew it had been converted from a hospital, but I thought it wouldn't be so much like a hospital. Anyway...

We parked at the port for the week. It was very easy to find our way to the port and where to park. Porters were helpful and lines were pretty quick. We got there at around 10:45 and were in boarding group 3. For those interested, they did have the FTTF group board after Plat and Diamond. Watching them go by, we were shocked at how many FTTF passengers there were. I like how they handled boarding. There are two sides to the terminal and for each group, they announce the name (weddings or special needs, etc) and the side to go to. That way, they control and balance out the lines on either side. We got on board by about 12:15. It was a comfortable, easy wait.

Quick summary of what's to come:

Things we did do: ropes course and slides many times, dinner in the Main dining room every night but one, family friendly comedy, headliner shows, sea day brunch, Cheers, Hasbro game show, private tour co in Antigua, Cove balcony, sushi, Cucina for lunch, trivia, and karaoke.

Didn't do: tea time, Serenity, Thrill Theater, main production shows or movies out on deck. I am sure there is plenty of other things we didn't do, but those are the things I had intended to that we just didn't get to. Also, my boys didn't use the teen club, but I pretty much knew they wouldn't and my daughter did want to do the 18-20 activities, but they didn't have any.

Favorites: our dining room team--had Anytime, but found a great dining team the first night and requested them thereafter, all the live music--great improvement, Carnival! The comedy juggler act, Just June, location of our balcony, and surprisingly to me, Amber Cove. also our sail away from Antigua was a really neat experience. (More on that later.)

Please ask questions if you have them. Also, if you want more info about our travel, let me know. (There is an awesome Mexican restaurant in Locust Grove, GA, just FYI.)

I have never done a review before, so please be patient with me. I have to learn how to upload pictures. I do have all of the Fun Times but I probably can't scan them as our printer has been acting up, but I can answer any questions.

More to come!

What did you do in amber cove? im struggling trying to figure out what to do there. not a lot of reviews on it
nothing! That was the beauty of it. We headed out as early as we could, got a row of chairs a nd two umbrellas and enjoyed the pool.

Hello - Sailed on the Breeze in 2014 so just wondering the type of live music you mentioned. Thanks!

In the Lobby/Atrium area, there was music pretty much all evening. There was Latin music, a violin trio, an accordionist who was amazing! One night there was a woman who played the harp. In the Ocean Plaza, several nights there was a live band and every night in Red Frog Pub there was a guitarist. More too, but I don't recall. Oh yes, the pool deck!

Sandij...we had room 2276 too! As well as the connecting cabin, 2280. I have a lot of pictures of what those balconies are like with no lifeboats above them. The rooms were perfectly quiet other than noise from the halls. Oh, and our neighbors were kind of loud, but since we had brought them with us, it was kind of our own fault.;)

I am sorry about the delay in getting going. My health is a little iffy and today isn't a great day. I promise to keep going but I might be a bit slow.

I was on this cruise also and, like you, noticed the high number of FTTF on during embarkation - several hundred at least. At times there were almost as many in the priority guest services line as in the regular line, with only one of the four workers taking FTTF people. Sometimes it was faster to go in the regular line.

I was on this cruise also and, like you, noticed the high number of FTTF on during embarkation - several hundred at least. At times there were almost as many in the priority guest services line as in the regular line, with only one of the four workers taking FTTF people. Sometimes it was faster to go in the regular line.

What time were the cabins available for those that didn't have FTTF? The last time I cruised the Breeze it was about 11:30, so wasn't sure if that was a fluke or is typical of that ship.