La Sagrada Familia

In terms of telling people they can take the elevator back down, this is only true of the Passion Facade. The only way down from the Nativity Facade is to walk down. The Facades are not connected.

Here's the official web site re the towers and elevators:

http://www.sagradafamilia.org/en/towers/

So it's simple....if a person has a concern then they go up into the Passion facade

In my families experience. We ride up and walked down but before we went up we asked if we could ride back down and were told yes

However I did say that we had an asthma sufferer with us and that would be the reason

Bottom line....if an elevator can take someone up....they can.....if need be.....take that same person down

Edited by luvtheships

I have been looking at apps for this very purpose. Do you recall which one you used and if so how would you rate it?

Thanks in advance

Rochelle

I'm sorry, I don't remember which one it was we used. But I do remember it was just one of the selection of apps on the google playstore so there is definitely plenty of choice. I'd say you'll just have to dwonload a few to test out before you go to see if you like any one in particular.

I'm sorry, I don't remember which one it was we used. But I do remember it was just one of the selection of apps on the google playstore so there is definitely plenty of choice. I'd say you'll just have to dwonload a few to test out before you go to see if you like any one in particular.

Thanks for the response..that is what I have been doing. So far it seems to me like the free apps appear to be very good so I'm not sure there is a need to purchase an app for this.

Rochelle

Their website says that the lifts to the Passion facade are currently closed due to construction work.

I hope they are open by April. Walking down from the tower is not possible for DW.

You can buy your skip the line tix from home but you don't need to buy your lift tix until that day as you buy them right after you enter at the kiosk on the left so just ask then

However I thought the only way up is by lift so if they are shut then no worries about walking down as nobody is even going up

Disclaimer: a poster or 2 will now chime in regarding walking up the spirals but as I posted I said....I thought....not I know for a fact. Lol

IMHO even if they let you walk up it won't be an option for you because if you require the lift down then no way would you make it up.

However I thought the only way up is by lift so if they are shut then no worries about walking down as nobody is even going up

Website says only the Passion Facade is closed until further notice. Nativity Facade is operating normally.

Wanted to mention this to anyone visiting Barcelona, we stayed at a hotel one block away from La Sagrada Familia and found a fantastic restaurant for dinner that was so good we went all three nights we were there! Bar Restaurante La Llesca, Av. Gaudi, 12. Tiny place and the menu is in Spanish (which we don't speak!) but the wait staff of two are so charming and bi-lingual and friendly with suggestions. We generally shared dishes. For example, one meal we started (upon the waiter's suggestion of the house special) with grilled rustic bread topped with marinated pimentos and eggplant and sliced hard boiled eggs. See?! I would never have ordered that if it was described in English on a menu! It was delicious! Then we had a large ramekin of mushrooms in a bechamel sauce with ham. To die for. Then a large piece of chicken with mushrooms and potatoes. We shared a flan and a half bottle of wine and the bill was 28 euros! I could go on and on as to what else we had...but I'll just say that by night three we completely trusted our waiter and let him make all the decisions for us. So we finally had baccalau (salt cod) that is the national dish of Catalonia. We'd resisted when he suggested it earlier because, come on, its dried salted cod!! How appetizing does that sound?! But it was perfectly fried and served with a sauce of butter, oil, garlic slices fried a delicate golden brown and parsley. We had a ricotta cheesecake for dessert. They gave us complimentary after dinner drinks.

Do yourself a favor and go to this restaurant!!

(Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with this restaurant....)

Careful...last time we were there, two people on our tour were victims of pickpockets...lost their money and cruise docs...police told us organized pickpockets are very aggressive and prevalent in that area

They are in all ports on the med. Be very sensible. Don't carry loads of cash etc.

Thanks

We'll take a look at it. We are renting an apartment across from the S.F in for a week in April.

Wanted to mention this to anyone visiting Barcelona, we stayed at a hotel one block away from La Sagrada Familia and found a fantastic restaurant for dinner that was so good we went all three nights we were there! Bar Restaurante La Llesca, Av. Gaudi, 12.....
Edited by cc_rider