Has anyone used Heli Air Monaco?

les37b

We are in Monte Carlo in April and wife has just said that something she would really like to do is a Helicopter ride over Monaco.

Looking at the on shore trips offered by Silversea, its coming up at $299pp for a 20 minute flight and includes transport to and from the heli-port. Looking on line, I found a company called Heli Air, which are offering the same thing for 115 Euros pp

Quite a mark up!!!!!

Has anyone done a helicopter ride over Monaco? This tour company?

Thoughts and views - or any other recommendations welcome.

Carte-20-min.jpg

Sightseeing flight of the Principality of Monaco

Flight time: 20 minutes round trip

The same road that 10 minutes panoramic flight with, moreover, the return by Turbie to enable you to discover celebrates Trophy of Auguste going back to the year 6 before Jesus Christ to commemorate the conquestes of Auguste , and the whole Côte d'Azur with Nice, Juan les Pins, Cannes, the descent to the Saint Jean Cap Ferrat while discovering at the passage, Eze village, strange village in eagle's nest which, of its rock piton, dominates the sea on the 427 meters top and discovere more beautiful natural roads of the Mediterranean with Villefranche, seaside resort and its splendid small fishing port.

And finally, return by the coast to the Principality of Monaco

• 1 month later...

I had hoped for a few posts recommending their services, but decided to go ahead anyway.

I've just entered a booking for 2 passengers for a 20 min flight @ 115 Euros.

It priced it up as 460 Euros!!!!! ***!

OK, have managed to speak to them. It would appear the fare is charged at the rate of 4 passengers regardless of 1,2,3 or 4

So unlikely to be using unless we manage to get a couple of takers on the shop hop from Barcelona to Monaco at the start of the cruise!

Hi les37b,

I know while in the planning stages and especially when thinking of visiting a dreamy place like Monaco it might feel a bit disappointing if things don't quite work out but Monaco was a dream destination for me too!

I wanted to let you know that the views you'll see from up above while visiting the Palace, the Cathedral or the Oceanographic Museum are simply breathtaking - I lingered for a quite a awhile just looking over the harbor of Monte Carlo (also, I was staying in Fontvieille which has its own smaller but just as pretty harbor for another scenic vista!) and so there was time to take in the beauty from up there.

If you think of how small Monaco is - less than a square mile - it would be kind of difficult for a helicopter to just stay over Monaco - it would essentially just require hovering (or circling) in place. So really all you need to do is get up a little bit higher than the harbor to get that billion dollar view and "voila!"

While the companies do offer tours, mostly what they do is ferry people to/from other towns along the riviera or to the airport in Nice. My hotel was right near the heliport and it seemed like they did a lot of commuter business too...Monaco has an interesting certain type of international business person coming and going! A truly fascinating place, I was definitely in heaven there and you & your wife will be too...didn't want you to worry about not doing the helicopter - you'll enjoy the views under your own steam, it's glorious.

Bon Voyage :)

Thanks for that Colleen.

The info I got from them was basically we can book on the morning to fly in the afternoon. So after we leave Barcelona, I will be frantically trying to find a couple of flyers to share the cost of this trip. Luckily, we arrive just after midday and depart the following day late in the evening, so all is not lost.

Thanks for that Colleen.

The info I got from them was basically we can book on the morning to fly in the afternoon. So after we leave Barcelona, I will be frantically trying to find a couple of flyers to share the cost of this trip. Luckily, we arrive just after midday and depart the following day late in the evening, so all is not lost.

Don't forget to try your ship's Roll Call...might possibly be able to organize a flight that way by finding other passengers who are interested in the flight. It's great that there are options to booking the flight and you have time in port. Monaco is magical, everything will work out ;)

Don't forget to try your ship's Roll Call...might possibly be able to organize a flight that way by finding other passengers who are interested in the flight. It's great that there are options to booking the flight and you have time in port. Monaco is magical, everything will work out ;)

My ship only has a maximum of 296 passengers (and isn't sold out completely). Until 2 days ago, I was the only one listed in the roll call - but finally a group of 6 has been added. Unfortunately they are going to Nice, so back to square one. As you say though.... fingers crossed....