I gambled, hers's what I got!

loveJake

First off I am not complaining because of the room I got.

First Carnaval cruise, knew nothing about room locations on the Glory, only found this board after I booked in May.

7 other cruises, on other lines, 1 inside (deck 3) and 6 (deck 2) with oceanview window.

My room assignment just appeared today. 9204 Lido deck, booked a guarantee inside. I really don't care what deck I'm on and an inside is fine. Does anyone know anything about this room/location? I looked at the deck plans and the only problem I have is that the room looks smaller then the surrounding rooms, is this the case?

Thanks for any help, and again I am not complaining, heck I would go in a broom closet in order to cruise, this is our 3 cruise this year and that is only way possible by booking inexpensive cruises and inside rooms.

Inside rooms are 220 sq. ft., pretty decent size. I have only cruised on carnival so I have no other cruise lines to compare to. We never really spent much time in our room other than to sleep and get ready for events. I do know that the inside rooms have an advantage over the balcony rooms....they get 40 sq. ft. taken off of the room size to accomadate the balcony! Hope this helps.

Deck 9 is the Lido deck; your just a short walk down the hall to the pool, buffet, pizzeria, grille, Asian Cookery, Deli and soft serve ice cream. You could go the whole cruise and never leave your deck! Well maybe just to go to the mall! :)

We had an inside on the Triumph a few weeks ago - 9259 on the Lido deck and thought the location was fabulous. We rarely even eat at the buffet, but it's nice to be able to walk down the hall and grab a lemonade or snack or just get some sunshine. For those without balconies, it's the best deck on the ship, in my opinion.

We had an inside room on the Glory. It was more than acceptable. As mentioned before you are at the heart of the pool, buffet, or a nice stroll on deck, Have a great time. Our trip on the Glory was 1 1/2 years ago but we had absolutely the best steward!! His name was wyn (sp).

Thanks Mike, tha's what I was originally asking if this room was any smaller for some reason. See you were on the Magic, that's where 6 of our cruises were, we always take our grandchildren in the summer. But now that the cruising bug has bitten my husband and I we started looking for cheap cruises in between. How do the rooms compare to the Magic? We were on RCI in May and could tell the rooms were a little smaller. Thanks

Inside rooms do not have robes furnished, but outside cabins do.....I think that's right.......

Happy cruising,

Gayle

I cruised an inside cabin on the GLORY about 2 years ago and had a robe in my cabin. As a matter of fact even got a FREE one to take home (but that's another story). :D

Thanks Mike, tha's what I was originally asking if this room was any smaller for some reason. See you were on the Magic, that's where 6 of our cruises were, we always take our grandchildren in the summer. But now that the cruising bug has bitten my husband and I we started looking for cheap cruises in between. How do the rooms compare to the Magic? We were on RCI in May and could tell the rooms were a little smaller. Thanks
Been a crazy busy couple of days.

We had a category 10, Deluxe Inside (7503 if I remember correctly). I would say in comparison for the older Fantasy class ships, the Magic cabins would be bigger. Against the newer classes, like the Destiny for example, the cabins are comparable.

Hope this helps and again, sorry it took so long. :)

You can always just ask your room steward if you want a robe, they always have extras.

We've booked an inside cabin. You mean if I asked our cabin steward to provide dh and myself with a robe, we could have one no charge?

Well here's an update on our cabin. On Friday we were on the Lido deck inside cabin which I posted about. Monday mid morning I checked and we were moved to I think the 2nd deck (don't remember the name) to an oceanview cabin. So we went from 9 to 2, that was great, a window to look out of. Just out of habit I checked today and our room changed again, don't know when because I did not check since Monday. We are now on the main deck 6218 balcony, at this rate I'll forget which room to go to. Sure hope our docs are right and nothing changes. Thanks for all your replys on the Lido cabin. Now what about this cabin?

Well here's an update on our cabin. On Friday we were on the Lido deck inside cabin which I posted about. Monday mid morning I checked and we were moved to I think the 2nd deck (don't remember the name) to an oceanview cabin. So we went from 9 to 2, that was great, a window to look out of. Just out of habit I checked today and our room changed again, don't know when because I did not check since Monday. We are now on the upper deck 6218 balcony, at this rate I'll forget which room to go to. Sure hope our docs are right and nothing changes. Thanks for all your replys on the Lido cabin. Now what about this cabin?

We booked an oceanview guarantee on the Conquest, and when I look on Carnival's site they have us in 1109 on the Spa Deck - an oceanview family stateroom. I am THRILLED with this and now have my fingers crossed that they don't upgrade us to a balcony. I want to keep 1109!

I must admit, though, that I would love to be on the Lido Deck as well - how convenient a location!

Archived