Odds of making a private Cozumel excursion off Allure?

drrich2

Hi:

Got a sticky situation. Book for an Allure cruise in February; we're due to hit Cozumel Feb. 26th, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. (ship time, presumably), docked.

I found a site, ThisIsCozueml.com, with tourist info. indicating Cozumel is now based on EST, doesn't do daylight savings time, Royal Caribbean ships generally keep to ship time rather than changing to match port time, but that at this time of year (before the Spring forward), the Allure's time and Cozumel's should be the same.

In the past on a cruise ship stop, I dove with a scuba diving operation called Living Underwater, which has big steel tanks and I liked a lot. This would be a private excursion, and I'd like to do it again. Dock, get off the ship, take a cab (last time it was to Caleta Harbor; I understand Cozumel's done some moving around with their harbor; not sure about all that?), get on the boat.

I don't think getting back in time for departure will be a problem.

But the Living Underwater dive boat needs to head out at 9 a.m.

My questions:

1.) If the Allure is listed to start in Cozumel at 8 a.m., does that mean people can start getting off then, or are we talking about earliest deboarding being 9 a.m. or whatever?

2.) I'm Platinum, not diamond or staying in a suite, if that matters, and this is a private excursion, not a ship excursion.

3.) How early am I likely to be able to get off the ship, and any thoughts on my odds of making the dive boat?

Thanks in advance for all your help!!!

Richard.

Hi:

Got a sticky situation. Book for an Allure cruise in February; we're due to hit Cozumel Feb. 26th, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. (ship time, presumably), docked.

I found a site, ThisIsCozueml.com, with tourist info. indicating Cozumel is now based on EST, doesn't do daylight savings time, Royal Caribbean ships generally keep to ship time rather than changing to match port time, but that at this time of year (before the Spring forward), the Allure's time and Cozumel's should be the same.

In the past on a cruise ship stop, I dove with a scuba diving operation called Living Underwater, which has big steel tanks and I liked a lot. This would be a private excursion, and I'd like to do it again. Dock, get off the ship, take a cab (last time it was to Caleta Harbor; I understand Cozumel's done some moving around with their harbor; not sure about all that?), get on the boat.

I don't think getting back in time for departure will be a problem.

But the Living Underwater dive boat needs to head out at 9 a.m.

My questions:

1.) If the Allure is listed to start in Cozumel at 8 a.m., does that mean people can start getting off then, or are we talking about earliest deboarding being 9 a.m. or whatever?

2.) I'm Platinum, not diamond or staying in a suite, if that matters, and this is a private excursion, not a ship excursion.

3.) How early am I likely to be able to get off the ship, and any thoughts on my odds of making the dive boat?

Thanks in advance for all your help!!!

Richard.

You should be able to be off the ship by 8:30 latest, and your C & A status has no bearing on when you can get off. I would think you should be able to meet your dive boat by 9:00.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

It shouldn't be an issue. We were on the Oasis last month and made our 9am excursion with no issues. However, our meeting place was under a 5 min walk from the entrance to the cruise shops at the pier. I think it depends on exactly how far away from the pier you will be going.

...the Living Underwater dive boat needs to head out at 9 a.m...
You probably should make it fairly easily.

NOTE: Many outfits (even the cruise ship) are much more likely to wait a couple of minutes IF they are SURE that you will be there. Do you have a phone # for Living Underwater? If they KNOW that you are in a taxi and arriving in (say) three minutes, they are much more likely to wait than if they don't know if you are even in route. YMMV