Cheers Beverage

h3yitsvictoria

I searched for the answer to this question and I couldn't find it, so here I am.

I am going on the Carnival Splendor in September with a friend who is allergic to the barley, hops, and gluten in most alcohol.

I have always cruised with the Cheers Beverage program and it has saved me tons of money. So,

I know per Carnivals policy each person in the stateroom over 21 must purchase the package but due to my friends condition she cannot consume alcohol. Has anyone encountered this before? How can I get the beverage package? It doesn't seem fair to me to have my friend purchase the package even though she can't consume alcohol.

Obviously I wouldn't make my friend pay just so I can have the package on the cruise but I was just wondering if anyone has heard of Carnival giving an exception to this policy.

No instances have been reported where anyone has gotten a waiver for this rule. This includes documented health issues and even pregnant women. If you are traveling with any others, try to set up the cabin assignments with somebody who can do the program. Otherwise, you're just out of luck.

• 2 weeks later...