Is the Shark Ray Alley tour worth it?

IslandBound79

So we are trying to decide what to do in Belize. The Shark Ray Alley tour seems cool! There is a Carnival tour for $109.00 or the same private tour for $72.00 and we are trying to decide which one to take because some of our group have FTTF and others do not. Do the private tours wait for all party members during the potentially crazy tendering process? .... Or is it better to book through Carnival so that we are picked up directly from the ship?

I'd love to hear your opinions!

ABSOLUTELY!! It was an amazing experience. Although we booked with the cruiseline (NCL, which uses H20), I really wish we would have booked with a private vendor (like Caveman). It would have been a much better experience and will do that next time.

I have a complete review in my signature line if you are interested. It has tons of pictures. We also seen dolphins that day as well. :)

Thanks Mitsugirly! Still weighing our options but it looks like will will be doing a private vendor....now to pick which one! Lol

You are very welcome. Just know that when I was doing my research before deciding to go with the cruise line (we went with the cruiseline due to going with a group of friends that didn't feel comfortable using private), I was going to go with Caveman. We seen him there and he had a small group that looked like they were getting a lot of personal attention. Back when I researched him, he had awesome reviews. Not saying go with him or that I have any experience with him, just saying he was the one that stood out to me back then and who I would have booked with. It's worth a shot looking into it. ;) :)

We just went with Caveman this past week. We had a great time. We were a group of 4 and it was an amazing experience. The guide leads you around and stops to make sure each person sees everything. He will dive down and point stuff out to you if you don't see it. We saw stingrays, sharks, all types of coral, 2 barracudas, a giant parrotfish, lobster and about a gazillion different types of fish. He names each one and tells you about them. We also got to see male and female seahorses. The guide was super knowledgeable and I felt safe the entire time. If you have any specific questions, I'm happy to answer them. I highly recommend Caveman Snorkelling. We had an absolute blast!