Singles cruisers in JAn 06 ?

NYCKoolcruiser

MEEE.......I just booked the HAL Westerdam singles cruise on Jan. 22nd !!! Anybody else????

Did you book this through a singles organization or is HAL having a singles cruise? I am trying to figure out the best route to go - go as part of a singles group or just go solo on a cruise.

Hi Serenading Sarah and MNJewels,

Yes, I did book with a singles cruise group. First time I will try this one. I guess I like to try different groups each time I cruise and also different ships. As far as going solo or with a group, I prefer the latter, especially since I always go by myself. I especially like the fact that you have single people to eat dinner with every nite.

One thing I would definitely recommend is that you fly down the nite before and stay in the hotel with the group. Then you would already get a jump on meeting some of the cruisers. Also, living in Chicago, I would never try to fly the same day or I might miss the ship!

MNJewels..... just wondering if the MN stands for Minnesota. My sister lives outside St. Paul and I visit her twice a year.

Lori

Yep, I am in Minnesota. I live in a suburb of Minneapolis. A couple of questions for you...

I am 37 years old - what's been the average age of the singles in the groups you have been a part of?

Also, are the men in the group just out to "hook up"? I have this image in my mind of these slimy guys hitting on the women in the group all of time. Please dispel this!:o

Hi Serenading Sarah and MNJewels,

Yes, I did book with a singles cruise group. First time I will try this one. I guess I like to try different groups each time I cruise and also different ships.

Lori

What are the different singles groups you have traveled with? Can you post them on here (I'm new to the board and not sure if that is against the rules?????):confused:

I just booked a 40+ singles group cruise on the HAL Westerdam on Jan. 22nd. This will be my second cruise with a singles group but I have been on over 30 cruises. Anyone else interested or are you even over 40??

Nanci...How do the HAL cruises compare with Carnival or RCCI? I always thought they were for the older crowds.??? I am single..42 yrs.

HI CJ: In all my 30+ cruises I have never sailed on Carnival --- I am 57 and very young in heart (& body) but don't like the wild Carnival scene and most of the singles young enough to be my children ! I chose this HAL cruise mainly due to the age group of the singles (40+) and also that I have never been on HAL. I sure hope they are not 70+ !!

Yep, I am in Minnesota. I live in a suburb of Minneapolis. A couple of questions for you...

I am 37 years old - what's been the average age of the singles in the groups you have been a part of?

Also, are the men in the group just out to "hook up"? I have this image in my mind of these slimy guys hitting on the women in the group all of time. Please dispel this!:o

I'll try to answer your questions from what I've observed on the cruises I've been on, which were all the 7 day or longer ones. I noticed a lot of people in their 30's-50's so I think you would find plenty of people in your age group, if that's what you're looking for.

As far as men hitting on women, I met a lot of men but I didn't find their attention a problem. People in mixed singles groups generally go because they are looking to potentially spend time with the other sex. If I received inappropriate attention from someone then I just ignored it and walked away. That's pretty much the way I handle things and it seems to work out well so far.

Lori

What are the different singles groups you have traveled with? Can you post them on here (I'm new to the board and not sure if that is against the rules?????):confused:

Sorry, I'm not allowed to post websites, but you should get some idea of the groups from reading these posts. I would just do a search for singles cruise and travel groups and I'm sure you'll come up with a number of them. I generally pick the cruise according to the time of year, itinerary and the ship. I say just book something and look to have a great time and experience and I'm sure you will!!

Lori

Seaworthy Lori...I was wondering what singles group you are traveling with. I have just found some sites for single travelers and would like to try them. Thanks...I usually travel solo..

See what I wrote to MNJewels.....sorry, but I can't post websites.

Lori

It's not till December '06 but we had singles on our Carib Princess group cruise this Sept and will probably have more on the Explorer of the Seas group next Dec. 3 .. right after Thanksgiving when all the kiddies will be in school, humidity will be down and the hurricane season will be over.. Our single rate isn't bad.. the links are below... we are a fun group (and we have the pics to prove it);)

It's not till December '06 but we had singles on our Carib Princess group cruise this Sept and will probably have more on the Explorer of the Seas group next Dec. 3 .. right after Thanksgiving when all the kiddies will be in school, humidity will be down and the hurricane season will be over.. Our single rate isn't bad.. the links are below... we are a fun group (and we have the pics to prove it);)
Are you sure the hurricanes will be over? Given the way things are going this year, who's to say next year hurricane season might be an all year thing!:eek:

As far as cruising I'll be on Carnival Pride Jan 1 and maybe the Carribean Princess in June (that one is an organized singles trip.)

Nanci, if you have never been on a Carnival cruise, how can you make comments about it? I have been on Royal Carribean, Princess, NCL and Carnival. Carnival is not any different than the other three. Itenerary and length of trip have more to do with the "wildness" of the people on board than the cruise line. Alaska on 10+ days is a lot quieter than any 3 day Bahamas cruise. The wildest, most party hearty group I have ever seen was on a Royal Carribean 3 day out of Los Angeles. Of course, with your only port being Ensenada, there really wasn't much else to do but party!:D

• 1 month later...

Archived