NCL changing terms and conditions on promotions...

Kortehgehn

Just thought I'd share an interesting experience I had today. I just booked a cruise with NCL through a TA and asked about a promotion for "Free Wine and Strawberries" that I had seen in an email from NCL. The NCL email has no dates for the promotion listed, so yesterday I had clicked on terms and conditions link and saw that it was listed specifically as Strawberries Promotion: 1/14/16 through 1/18/16. So we book today and tell our TA about the promotion, and she calls us and asks if we could send the link because NCL says the promotion ended Saturday 1/16. So I go to the link again and like prestidigitation and legerdemain the terms and conditions for the Strawberries and Wine promotion have vanished along with the dates. :confused:

I realize in the long run the cost of free wine and strawberries is practically nothing, it's just the changing of the terms and conditions page really upset me. It just seemed very shady given that NCL did not put any dates for the promotion in their email, only a link to terms & conditions.

Also, for those that are wondering, I tried google's cache and the internet archive but couldn't find a copy of the page I saw yesterday. I only wish I had had the forethought to put my browser in offline mode before I clicked the link today. I was able to find a reference to the promotion with the 1/14 to 1/18 date on a few other cruise sites though.

Edited by Kortehgehn
Date Typo

I'm a little confused here. A particular website I frequent has every cruise line's promos and email (CTA's) on it. The "Chocolate Covered Strawberry's & sparkling wine" only comes up as a consortium perk through large re sellers.

I also looked at my NCL emails and cant find that one. Could you post the link or screen shot of the email it self? I wonder if it came directly from NCL or one of the larger online TA's.:eek:

I don't have a screen shot but I got the deal as I called and changed my res. to the ksf promo and the ncl rep told me I qualified for the weekend promo of free wine and choc covered strawberries. It shows up on my 'booked items" list too. I got the idea it was until the 18th- but not on it. Hope that helps! :)

OP: I received the same email from NCL. I called NCL directly today about booking with the promo and the NCL Rep told me they had a large response to the strawberries & wine promo, so they discontinued it.:mad:

Yes, the strawberries & wine promo has vanished from the link. And yes, your memory is accurate, that promo was to run 1/14 through 1/18.

They "had a large response so they discontinued it".

Sounds like government Newspeak to me.

In other news, I just found myself in chat while looking at some cruises on the NCL website. It was NOT an NCL rep...it was a former customer.

Curiouser and curiouser.

They "had a large response so they discontinued it".

Sounds like government Newspeak to me.

In other news, I just found myself in chat while looking at some cruises on the NCL website. It was NOT an NCL rep...it was a former customer.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Is that the chat with Kathy thing when you're looking for cruises? There were (are) several people on here that are Kathy.

Is that the chat with Kathy thing when you're looking for cruises? There were (are) several people on here that are Kathy.

I assume they are compensated in some way. Are they contract workers? I'd like to call my wife Kathy if we got a nice discount.

I spoke to Kathy one evening and got the impression that Kathy was looking at the exact same NCL website as me....rather than having access to a corporate network with proprietary search functions.

Edited by Kingofwylietx

OP: I received the same email from NCL. I called NCL directly today about booking with the promo and the NCL Rep told me they had a large response to the strawberries & wine promo, so they discontinued it.:mad:

Yes, the strawberries & wine promo has vanished from the link. And yes, your memory is accurate, that promo was to run 1/14 through 1/18.

Okay, well that explains it at least. Glad to know I'm not losing my mind. :rolleyes: Still, the fact that NCL would just change the terms of the promotion after they have already set dates just irks me a bit.