Elation - 1-14-6 Sailing * Listed Starboard Yesterday

2bthereagain

I liken navigating a ship through strong currents to landing a plane in high winds. On a normal day landing a plane would be straight forward, but on a windy day with strong gusts the plane may drift and come in with the nose pointed sideways which would be very scary. Not every landing is perfect and same goes for navigating a river bend or out at sea. It's all comes down to the skill of the captain and they're good at what they do.

I bet none of us (except you veteran sailers out there) could get a 70,000 ton ship up the Mississippi at flood stage without listing or crashing onto shore :)

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

I was on this sailing and we were coming into port late at 12 due to weather. We listed to the starboard side navigating down the Mississippi. It was enough that dishes crashed to the floor and furniture not attached slid across the floors. Does anyone know why?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

There were some photos circulating around on a cruise website that showed the Elation listing to the starboard side....it looked pretty bad