Dining service on Sun Princess

Jimsgirl

Read a members review, very confused. I am going on my first Princess in April (Sun), I always have traditional dining, but according to the reviewer, he only got one knife, one fork, one spoon, which had he had to use for the whole of the meal.

He also said that in the buffet area, only plastic cups and plates were used.

I find this hard to believe , can anyone enlighten me if this is indeed true.

Read a members review, very confused. I am going on my first Princess in April (Sun), I always have traditional dining, but according to the reviewer, he only got one knife, one fork, one spoon, which had he had to use for the whole of the meal.

He also said that in the buffet area, only plastic cups and plates were used.

I find this hard to believe , can anyone enlighten me if this is indeed true.

NO and NO. They are wrong on both counts.

Dining room:Think fine dining (your average ***star restaurant and you'll get the point) is what you'll expect in the formal dining rooms.

Have a fantastic cruise and don't worry!;)

Dunno know about the dining room, but I find it hard to beleive. We have been on the Sun several times and always have had a full complement of flatware and fresh with each course.

The cups, glasses and plates in the Horizon Court are plastic based material, but not the throwaway plastic you may be thinking about - they almost have to be made of some unbreakable material since they are being handled by a lot of carriers other than the ships trained personnel.

Hope you have a nice cruise - we will be on the Sun in less than two mweeks - it is one of our favoritr Princess ships.

Ron

Hi!

We're on the Sun right now and we've had the wonderful service that is usually available on Princess! The silver is placed with each course of the meal in the dining room. I doubt if the person that gave you that info had ever cruised!! :D

Thanks for posting "live" T/A!

Lot's of people are eagerly awaiting to hear from you on the "Live from the Sun" thread!

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself...any problems with the thrusters?

CFL

The proper formal meal service involves only placing those utensils required for a particular course with that course. The silver is removed as it is used and replaced with the silver required for the following course. Since this is rarely done anymore, even in most restaurants, I'm sure it comes as a surprise. But, it *is* correct.

The dishes in the buffet are made of melamine, so it is technically a plastic. Durable, difficult to break, and completely appropriate to the setting.

Thank you everyone who replied, as I said I could not believe I would only get one set of "flatware" to be used for everything - just like in a diner - where that is acceptable.

Looking forward to the cruise, my TA has been trying to get me on Princess fior quite a while, have done HAL,Crystal,Celebrity,RCCC.Cunard, Seabourn in the past.

Going Celebrity in November and HAL in January I LOVE cruising

Looking forward to the cruise, my TA has been trying to get me on Princess fior quite a while, have done HAL,Crystal,Celebrity,RCCC.Cunard, Seabourn in the past.

I hope your travel agent also advised you that among the cruise lines you have sailed, to expect this cruise significantly with lower standards.

Archived