Fun, Friends, and Fascination! 1-11-16

Vigorosity

Hello!

I'm Michelle and I got kicked off the Fascination a couple days ago and would like to write down a little about my cruise (from what I remember!) I went on this cruise with two of my best friends and we are all from Knoxville, TN and in our early 20's.

2em33p4.jpg

There's us!

Okay so let's start at the beginning. We booked this cruise back in August for $925 for all of us including taxes and $30 in obc. The wait seemed brutal until the week before and it flew by!

We had a sleepover the night before, with some chardonnay, bad movies and bean dip. In the morning, we left some 30 degree weather at 10am and headed toward Jacksonville! Other than a million car games and a sketchy gas station, we made it to the Red Roof Inn just fine.

2isavt2.jpg

2vkb2fb.jpg

Road trip snacks!

I paid $44 for the hotel, which was fine for the night. We just hung out and ordered pizza (and got a second one for fifty cents!). The location by the airport was super convenient for shopping in the morning and wasn't too far from the cruise port.

2yydtea.jpg

dcvmth.jpg

Edited by Vigorosity

Since we accidentally drank our carryon wine at the hotel, we had to go to the liquor store in the morning. We also stopped by Ross (where employees are really rude).

On to the boat! Driving up to parking is really simple and was $75 for the five days. Seeing the boat the first time was so exciting...especially since it was my friend's first cruise!

2lu59a0.jpg

The terminal was really easy. The regular line actually seemed to go way quicker than the fttf/vifp/whatever line. The lady that checked us in told us she just checked in three cute boys from Ohio and we decided our mission was to find them! We also met two ladies while sitting down (Fran and Debbie) who would become good friends throughout the whole cruise! We got on the boat around 11:30 and made our first stop....

27wrrjo.jpg

Which got us these...

mmg17s.jpg

A margarita, pina colada and strawberry daiquiri!

Signing up at the atrium was really simple, it's $287/person and you basically just had to sign an agreement paper. They put on a little square sticker and you were set to go!

Now that that was settled, up to the lido for some buffet lunch. It was Italian and there was some really good pasta and fish! And somehow I found drink two...

a12v0z.jpg

A mojito!

After lunch, we were allowed in our rooms at 12:30. We wanted to pop some champagne so we ordered some glasses from room service, it seemed to take forever so we used our rocks glasses...and the exact moment we toasted...you guessed it, a knock on the door. Oh well, time for bathing suits!

2z9m8gg.jpg

We were gonna get in the hot tub but ended up being herded to our muster station at the coffee shop. It was pretty painless, except standing out on deck was like a chilly wind tunnel. We finally made it back to the lido and found a completely empty hot tub! Myron, the bar server, brought is fireball shots and we were having so much fun that we didn't notice the boat start to move!

I think I made it to serenity to check things out afterward.

o0w1sz.jpg

And then we drank some more champagne before dinner up on lido!

14xkz9j.jpg

We somehow got ready for dinner and found ourselves at a table for 10...28th just us three. Oh well, more room for our food!

28cdnid.jpg

I think I had the escargot and beef brisket...both which were excellent. And for dessert, none other than the melting chocolate cake!

9r4xlg.jpg

Shoutout to our waiters, Mere, Greg, and Neon. And especially our bar server, Pat! I want them to come home with me.

After dinner is kinda hazy, but we got a cute snail for a towel animal!

35n6jut.jpg

I know I went to the nightclub and eventually made it back to my room. I also know that I hit my 15 drink limit this night! Also tonight my friend won a bottle of champagne at the art auction!

I somehow made it to brunch with my ladies and had mac and cheese (so good today!) and the chicken quesadilla with a fried egg (not so good). The girls both had steak and eggs.

sg4ktz.jpg

2lxufww.jpg

33vcbrd.jpg

I took a short nap before the drink competition at 12:30. I ended up getting a mocha chocolate get away after I signed up.

2pzlimc.jpg

So 20 people get a chance to pick out a main liquor (rum, tequila, vodka) and up to three mixers and a juice. 4 of those people are chosen. I was one of those! I chose rum, banana liquor, melon liquor, blue curacao, and orange juice. After some dancing and mixing my drink...I won! I won my drink and four free drink tickets (which I gave away!)

209geti.jpg

So after I won the mixology contest, we tried our hand at minigolf. Honestly, we got about four holes in until we were mesmerized by the deck in front of minigolf. We sat out there and were just...happy.

2v8fmuf.jpg

4hcn5v.jpg

Honestly, I dont remember exactly what we did after minigolf and before dinner...but it was probably to the tune of hot tubs and drinking.

So we got all dressed up and made our way to dinner to find....still no one else at our table but us. Our waiters more than make up for the lack of others, though! I know between us we had alligator fritters (yum), mushrooms (okay), the fish (yum!), scallops (not a fan), crab pasta (good flavor but needs more sauce), the duck (good), and the shrimp entree (so small!). Bitter and blanc for dessert was impeccable!

69dgfk.jpg

30wrozt.jpg

2zsmu1d.jpg

We also had lots of martinis and pretended it was my friend's birthday. Honestly it was one of the best dinners of my life.

After the most amazing dinner ever, we went back to the room so our friend could get out of her dress...only to find our towel animal and my name in the fun times!

15pg49j.jpg

9fy2c0.jpg

We grabbed the free champagne bottle and headed to the promenade for some pictures! (yeah these are pictures of picture so what)

2116xeh.jpg

281ztc6.jpg

2q8vchw.jpg

After that was definitely the night club...then pizza...then bed.

2m4cg2v.jpg

Even our towel animal had too much fun!

Loving your review!! I want to do this for a friends' bachelorette party this summer and this sounds exactly how I want it to go!!!

PS We're on the fascination next week, can't wait!

That would be the best bachelorette party ever! Honestly, we thought it would be only five days with each other but we ending up spending nine nights together total. (2 before and after!)

If you have any questions, let me know. I have most of the fun times (but no scanner)! I'm so jealous that you get to go and I'm already home. Lol.

So after our really late night, we forgot to set alarms for Nassau in the morning. We ended up waking up around noon and getting a fulfilling, nutritious breakfast.

r9lc9g.jpg

We basically walked off the boat and had our plans to head to the tiki bikini hut. We literally danced our ways through offers of hair braiding, bracelets, 420, and harder stuff.

2jbpfrb.jpg

It wasnt a bad walk at all...about five minutes behind senor frogs. When were were around 15 feet away from the bar, the bartender was already calling out "free shots!" It was some blue, strong shot and was delicious. We all got the $20 unlimited drinks out of a coconut deal. I ended up getting it refilled 5 or 6 times and it was completely worth it!

9tpk7q.jpg

We brought our coconuts down to the ocean and I went swimming for a bit, loving life. A couple people selling items did approach us, but most were okay when we said no thanks. Also, some dad (shame on you!!!) left his baby in a stroller on the beach, while he went up the the bar for at least fifteen minutes.

rup8gj.jpg

All in all, I would come right back here in a heartbeat. At one point, every person at the bar was talking to each other. The workers (Margo, Amanda and AJ) were so upbeat and happy. We ended up getting quite a few more free shots, as well. It was exactly what a beach bar should be.

wantocruisemore- Thank you! Yeah, those wine bottles can be pretty tricky.

RiotAct- Thanks! I think I might be able to get most of it done with this snow. My job has basically already cancelled on Saturday and Sunday

ohitssunshine- We definitely did. I wanna go back already.

cruiser gilly- Thank you so much! :)

After we said our goodbyes to the tiki hut, we did a little shopping at the straw market on the way back to the ship. They are pretty pushy but willing to haggle a bit.

1znqv5e.jpg

acg2dj.jpg

Our matching bracelets!

We got back on the ship, ate from the grill and went straight back to the room for a nap. We woke fifteen minutes before dinner....hardly enough time to look presentable. (thankfully we had our own giant table and our waiters became used to us being late)

2ica62r.jpg

The boat was rocking pretty well and I think I had too many drinks in Nassau, so I left dinner early and found a hot tub instead. I'm pretty confident I called this an early night.

Also we got into a debate whether this was a frog or a crab...

2lag6y0.jpg

Somehow in the heated argument, he got messed up. This is my (terrifying) attempt at recreating him...

2wq72xe.jpg

LaCal- Thank you! We did...we already want to take another one.

Terab85- If you have room for three more...kidding, sort of! You are gonna have so much fun. :)

I would, but we're already sharing a room with our daughter who turns 21 right before cruise. Going to be snug :p

You girls crack me up. Looks like you were having a blast. Did you ever find the single guys from Ohio? ;)

I would, but we're already sharing a room with our daughter who turns 21 right before cruise. Going to be snug :p

You girls crack me up. Looks like you were having a blast. Did you ever find the single guys from Ohio? ;)

Actually...yes! We all ended up dancing with them and two of them took the funniest pictures. Absolutely hilarious guys. Your daughter will meet so many people, because everyone our age seemed to hang out in the same spots.

Also!

Is anyone else seeing the second picture as one with model dragons or miniature whatever??? It supposed to be a selfie of me and my friend but it changed somehow to a picture that's not mine!

How do I edit a post??? (the edit button is not at the bottom of the post!)

That would be the best bachelorette party ever! Honestly, we thought it would be only five days with each other but we ending up spending nine nights together total. (2 before and after!)

If you have any questions, let me know. I have most of the fun times (but no scanner)! I'm so jealous that you get to go and I'm already home. Lol.

Do the mention luggage express as an option for people with late flights (maybe in the very last fun times?) our flight back home isn't until 6pm ish so we were going to do something in Jax that afternoon but won't have a rental that day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk