Issue with PCC?

jvalentine

Excuse the thread drift......The oil company I retired from last year announced a 15k reduction on Monday. Folks love cheap gas however there are trade-offs :(

What goes down will come back up :)

Nothing but bad news here too. Amazingly enough I've had my first interview and it only took a year. I'm not good at selling myself and there were 180 applicants for this contract position so I imagine things won't change in the near term for me. I'm glad I managed to save a bit before this happened. Yes, cheap gas comes with a big price.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Nothing but bad news here too. Amazingly enough I've had my first interview and it only took a year. I'm not good at selling myself and there were 180 applicants for this contract position so I imagine things won't change in the near term for me. I'm glad I managed to save a bit before this happened. Yes, cheap gas comes with a big price.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Wish you well. Grew up in the 'oil patch'.

Wish you well. Grew up in the 'oil patch'.

Thank you. You know what it's like then. I've spent my entire career in the oilpatch. I started when I was 20 and I'm 55 now. I hope this is the last downturn I see. If I'm ever employed again I hope this has taught me to save as much as possible while still having some fun.