Hotel near Miami port

Jfeasel

We usually stay at the Holiday Inn Downtown in Miami. It's right across the street from Bayside Marketplace which has a number of restaurants and is the closest hotel to the port. They offer shuttle service or it would be a very cheap cab ride. And if you're looking for something less touristy than Bayside, there are a number of interesting local restaurants and pubs within a few blocks, or it's a short people mover ride (free) away from Mary Brickell Village which has a ton of stuff.

Edited by realjd

We stay at the holiday in port of Miami across from bayside market and down the street is where the heat play so it's fun if there is a game in town if your not driving lol.

Its about a 10 to 10 dollar cab ride I think and though it's an older hotel it's really nice to get a room high up facing the port and seeing all the ships when you wake up . Have a good cruise.

Next time we sail out of Miami I want to stay at the crown plaza I think that's it but it's further away from the port so more of a cab ride.

Edited by momdaughterondestiny
forgot to add

The Intercontinental is absolutely stunning. Within walking distance to Bayside, CVS, Whole Foods. They also have a Starbucks in the lobby.

If you have IHG points, it goes for the same amount as the Holiday Inn POM and it's much nicer. If not, check Last Minute Travel or Hotwire for a deal. Be sure to ask for a Bay View room.

Don't worry about the shuttle. You can take a taxi from many hotels near the port.

I am going to give you a list of ones to check out. The reason a list is because I don't know your price point.

Intercontinental

Marriott Marquis

Hampton Inn (includes breakfast)

Holiday Inn Bayside

Viceroy

Hyatt

JW Marriott

Epic Hotel

Mandarin Oriental

Four Seasons

Last couple would be the priciest

Keith

Sailing out of Miami in July. Can anyone recommend a hotel near the Miami port that offers shuttle service to the port or would be an inexpensive cab ride as we are flying in the night before we sail. TIA

Keith has good advice above. If you are flying into MIA late and just want a clean room then you should look at airport area hotels.

Budget options often suggested include La Quinta East and Springhill Suites Medical Center. The MIA Embassy Suites is also popular. All of these are somewhat isolated, but do offer both airport and port shuttles.

Better hotels in a nicer area are found near MIA in the Blue Lagoon area - Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc. Shopping and dining near by. If a port shuttle is not included a taxi to POM will run about $27-30+tip; Uber might save you some $$