REVEW: Jewel of the Seas, 1/10 - 1/17

If the OP is around, or anyone else who has sailed recently with Kosher meals, can someone confirm that there is a menu and choices of meals available?

I have clients who are booked for the Jewel in December and I'd like to give them as much information as possible about dining. If lunches are also available, then that makes it that much better, if they are not off the ship on an excursion. I'm going to contact special needs to make sure the proper paperwork is in place for them.

Thanks to anyone with answers.

If the OP is around, or anyone else who has sailed recently with Kosher meals, can someone confirm that there is a menu and choices of meals available?

I have clients who are booked for the Jewel in December and I'd like to give them as much information as possible about dining. If lunches are also available, then that makes it that much better, if they are not off the ship on an excursion. I'm going to contact special needs to make sure the proper paperwork is in place for them.

People observe Kosher dietary laws differently. But I have never seen ON a ship, a separate menu at each meal listing the kosher foods available for that lunch/dinner seating. When fully kosher meal provisions are required, Royal does make arrangements to have kosher meals. The way I understand it, the cruiser chooses from a menu selection PRIOR to boarding the sailing. My advice is to contact special needs and discuss HOW Royal can accommodate your clients.

• 5 months later...
People observe Kosher dietary laws differently. But I have never seen ON a ship, a separate menu at each meal listing the kosher foods available for that lunch/dinner seating. When fully kosher meal provisions are required, Royal does make arrangements to have kosher meals. The way I understand it, the cruiser chooses from a menu selection PRIOR to boarding the sailing. My advice is to contact special needs and discuss HOW Royal can accommodate your clients.

We are strictly Kosher observant and sailed on the Jewel on the April TA. The staff is fully aware of Kosher needs and we were very well accommodated. Our Head waiter was a gentleman named Mickey and you should try to get him although all of them knew the procedures.

There is a printed kosher menu on some of the ships but it is very general and the staff rely on the ships updated inventory list for the nightly next day orders.

As mentioned above there are no made aboard ship Kosher meals except for double foil wrapped Kosher fish and steamed vegetables. I have heard of various accommodations for rice and pasta. Everything else is pre packaged frozen and heated IN its' sealed wrapper and presented to the table wrapped. If the staff opens it for you there is a slight possibility of the Kosher status being compromised, so therefore it is best to have it served sealed.

Meals are served at all lunch and dinner seatings and there is no limit on how much to order as long as it is in stock. If you do speak to Special Needs ask them if they can provision meals from Borenstien Caterers. It is by far the best in the lot.

As for breakfast and snacks there are plenty of packaged Kosher foods and condiments available and no one should go hungry. They should have a great trip on the Jewel or any other RCL ship