HELP Splendour of seas/discovery cabin question

Lindas160864

Hi,

This is our first cruise and are booked on the Thomson discovery(splendour of seas) to the Caribbean . We have paid for an aft balcony cabin (7134 ) is this a good cabin? Anything else you can tell us about the ship/cruising/any cruising tips would be grateful 😊😊😊😊

Linda,

I am confused about this ship -- Thomson Discovery and Royal Caribbean Splendour of the Seas have the same deck plan?

Anyway -- that looks to be a lovely stateroom. It has other rooms above and below it so it should be quiet as far as clanking and music, et all. The ship is large/long enough that you shouldn't experience uncomfortable motion; although the ends of any ship move more than the midships-middle decks, like a seesaw/teetertotter. Modern ships have modern stabilizers.

Many experienced cruisers swear by aft balconies and love to watch the wake without some of the wind the sides get (although there is air turbulence around the back too, just less).

Thomson and RCI have 'boards' on Cruise Critic, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=497

and here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Which are places to ask for personal experiences and recommendations. Have a wonderful cruise!

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply . I put both names of the ship as splendour of the seas is being taken over by Thomson and they are calling it Discovery and we are going on it with Thomsons. Any tips for our first cruise would be great.

I see! I am not at all familiar with Thomsons on-board "culture" (only know RCI from these boards, also, and not from sailing with them). By culture I mean things like dress code or expectations, enrichment activities or entertainment, tipping etiquette...

I would head over to the Thomsons forum I gave earlier -- sorry I can't be more help! But, congrats on your prime cabin!