nola transport, weather etc questions

craftymarie

thanks to all for answers to previous questions. now for a couple more lol.

how will we get from cruise ship to hotel Astor Crowne plaza in French District. is there public transport (we are reasonably fit)or do we get a taxi. if so how much will it cost for 2 people?

can anyone recommend somewhere near the hotel for a light breakfast? just somewhere basic.

What will weather be like in November(11th -15th). will there be much rain? I know layering is the best, trying to pack lightly. lol

thinking of doing a combo plantation swamp tour- will we be able to see alligators or will they be hibernating?

I am sure I will have more questions soon

thanks

thanks to all for answers to previous questions. now for a couple more lol.

how will we get from cruise ship to hotel Astor Crowne plaza in French District. is there public transport (we are reasonably fit)or do we get a taxi. if so how much will it cost for 2 people?

can anyone recommend somewhere near the hotel for a light breakfast? just somewhere basic.

What will weather be like in November(11th -15th). will there be much rain? I know layering is the best, trying to pack lightly. lol

thinking of doing a combo plantation swamp tour- will we be able to see alligators or will they be hibernating?

I am sure I will have more questions soon

thanks

About $10.00 - $12.00 for taxi from port to hotel for 2.

Try Cafe Beignet in the 300 block of Royal Street, 2 blocks from hotel.

Weather should be mild, say around 60-70 degree weather, if not warmer. But you never know with weather, it could dip down into the low 40's, but not likely. We were wearing shorts well into December this year. Christmas day was in the 70's, almost 80. It only rained 8 days in Nov 2015, so you never know.

If it is a sunny day, the gators will be out. Depending on the tour, some guides feed the gators, which will bring them up to the boat. Were I work we see them all the time. My wife had a 4ft gator at her front door to work one day and she is no where near a swamp, but the Mississippi River is only 300ft away.

Edited by curcurt