Suites on Island Princess

bigchid

We're trying to pick our first suite for an Alaska cruise in August on Island Princess. Any advice would be appreciated, but I'm looking at some aft facing suites, one behind the teen center or one behind the youth center, is this a good idea? I do have some others to choose from of which I like C704.

Thank you for any and all help.

bigchid

for aft suites == try for one of the two that wrap around the back on the aloha dec A726 or A 727. We were in A727 and it was perfect -- balcony covered on the side and open on the back -- would be perfect for Alaska. The full aft suites do not have a lot of cover and I have heard that some of the ones on the lido deck vibrate. No vibration at all in A726.

Edited by mina

for aft suites == try for one of the two that wrap around the back on the aloha dec A726 or A 727. We were in A727 and it was perfect -- balcony covered on the side and open on the back -- would be perfect for Alaska. The full aft suites do not have a lot of cover and I have heard that some of the ones on the lido deck vibrate. No vibration at all in A726.

Did your balcony have a small 2-3 inch step from side to aft section?

yes -- I posted a pic of it on here last fall -- am not near my pics to add it here.

Don't think I saw your photos........

While onboard in Nov I toured A 726 (a fellow CCer).

I thought the cabin/balcony was really chopped up.

I know they were very unhappy with it.

We were in L726 which was dead center aft facing. It was awesome.

I looked at those corner suites but unfortunately they weren't available. We wound up with A729 (next door). Maybe next time. Thanks!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=48044804#post48044804

My pics are in this thread. It may not look like it wraps around in the pic posted above, but since I stayed in the room I can say it does wrap around. Pics of the balcony are in the thread. The description, when you click on the cabin in the deck plans also says wrap around balcony.

Colo, we had no issues with it being choppy. It was our first ever suite, so I don't know if it was choppy compared to other suites. We liked it a lot. There are also pics of the living, bedroom and bathroom in the thread.

Thanks mina. That suite is available on our cruise (starboard equiv). Now I am seriously tempted.

That looks amazing. How do you think it would work for Alaska? Can you see much to port side - eg leaning over a bit?

Edited by Pushka

Thanks mina. That suite is available on our cruise (starboard equiv). Now I am seriously tempted.

That looks amazing. How do you think it would work for Alaska? Can you see much to port side - eg leaning over a bit?

My thinking is that from an aft facing balcony you can see both sides. We were on the Island for a Panama Canal cruise just before her modifications and spent a lot of time on the rear viewing area aft on Caribe deck. There were very few people there, and the viewing was great!

The very aft section (which is the size. A regular side balcony) you can see both sides. We had this for a cruise that went thru Venice. It was perfect for viewing both sides of the Canal on sail in.