Recumbent Bike

mprcruiser

Will be on the Jade the end of February and am recuperating from knee surgery. Does anyone know if there are recumbent bikes in the Fitness Center. The doctor wants me to use one for exercise instead any other equipment.

I know the Gem has 2 of them for sure, last year I had just had surgery following an accident where I needed resconstruction so the recumbent bike was my friend. Several times these bikes were busy so I used the stationary bikes & these also provided the needed exercise to get my knee working.

Wow, my hats off to you if you are without a wheelchair. Recent knee surgery and going to walk all over a ship is a lot of work on the knees. Power to you. :)

My first words to the ER Doctor were "I have a cruise booked can I go ???":D I always take travel insurance :)

Edited by dlynn0366

My words to the doctor were "I am going on a cruise at the end of February". I didn't ask - I told him. I am supposed to be off of crutches by the time we leave so I will not have to have them on the cruise. I just won't be able to do a lot of walking or our daily walk that DH and I have done for many years. The bike will be a substitute for our walk. I do plan on spending some time on the balcony watching the ocean and just enjoying being on a ship.

My wife waited far too long to finally get a much needed knee replacement. The last cruise before, she couldn't get off at ports and had trouble even walking around the ship. However, just two months after the knee replacement, she was out and about like new. No pain, no limp, no nothing. Already done one cruise since with another scheduled in a couple of months. She has a stationary bicycle for home use that I recommend. Inexpensive, very smooth action. I think it was about $150 internet. We both are loving her new knee.

Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike

Wow, my hats off to you if you are without a wheelchair. Recent knee surgery and going to walk all over a ship is a lot of work on the knees. Power to you. :)

It had its perks coming & going no waiting at airport security .... If it weren't for being dishonest I'd pull that leg immobilizer out for next months trip :o

My wife waited far too long to finally get a much needed knee replacement. The last cruise before, she couldn't get off at ports and had trouble even walking around the ship. However, just two months after the knee replacement, she was out and about like new. No pain, no limp, no nothing. Already done one cruise since with another scheduled in a couple of months. She has a stationary bicycle for home use that I recommend. Inexpensive, very smooth action. I think it was about $150 internet. We both are loving her new knee.

Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike

Thank you for the bike recommendation ! When mine needs replacing I will for sure consider this one. During the accident I sustained quite a bit of damage & find if I don't do at last 40 min a day on the bike my knee is stiff.