Water bottles on Sensation

kicia

I need some info please from people that have recently been on the Sensation.

I have some friends, also clients, that were on the Sensation last week. I told them about the new water bottle policy so they did not take any. While they were on the ship they talked with a security guard who told them I gave them incorrect information. He said each person was allowed to bring a 12 pack of water in their carry on as long as it was still in the original plastic packaging.

Now they don't think I know what I'm talking about and will bring water on their Sunshine cruise in a few weeks.

As far as I know this is not allowed but maybe I just don't know the rules. Anyone have current information?

Thank you.

Linda

I have some friends, also clients, that were on the Sensation last week. I told them about the new water bottle policy so they did not take any. While they were on the ship they talked with a security guard who told them I gave them incorrect information. He said each person was allowed to bring a 12 pack of water in their carry on as long as it was still in the original plastic packaging.

Now they don't think I know what I'm talking about and will bring water on their Sunshine cruise in a few weeks.

As far as I know this is not allowed but maybe I just don't know the rules. Anyone have current information?

Thank you.

Linda

Were these the security people at check in, or onboard the ship. The ones in the terminal are not cruise line employees, so they are not totally conversant with cruise line policy, and also they may handle several cruise lines' ships who have different policies.

Carnival's FAQ isn't clear as to what the rules are ��. From the carnival FAQ

"Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages onboard that are packaged in bottles.

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person." https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633

At first glance that is a little confusing, they should word it differently

Edited by missy428

Carnival's FAQ isn't clear as to what the rules are ��. From the carnival FAQ

"Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages onboard that are packaged in bottles.

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person." https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633

At first glance that is a little confusing, they should word it differently

Sounds clear to me.

1st paragraph says nothing in bottles.

2nd paragraph says you can bring up to 12 cans or cartons of 12 oz or less each.

And, yes, canned water is available. Not widely, but it is available.

Sounds clear to me.

1st paragraph says nothing in bottles.

2nd paragraph says you can bring up to 12 cans or cartons of 12 oz or less each.

And, yes, canned water is available. Not widely, but it is available.

Maybe I'm was too excited about booking my cruise cause the first time I read the FAQ I was a little confused. Wasn't till I got to the bottom about cheaper priced bottles from fun shops that I realized you couldn't bring water bottles on board.

I know sell water in cartons now too to cut down on bottles on landfills

Thank you.

Linda

Linda you are correct.